Graphic Cards Long term Review requested for NVIDIA 3000 Series Founder Editions

princeoo7

On a Journey called Life :P
Skilled
I am looking for long term review of people using Nvidia 3000 Series Cards. Specifically Nvidia RTX 3080 FE.
1) How are the temps.
2) How is the acoustic Noise level.
3) How long you use the system daily.
4) Location base ambient temperature.

I use my system mostly for 14 hrs or so.
it includes gaming, gaming + streaming, rendering work as I am learning blender.

power savin
1) How are the temps.

it includes gaming, gaming + streaming, rendering work as I am learning blender.
1) How are the temps. Very cool. Stays under 45c ideally. Gaming it depends on game type/engine so it will max 65-70c etc.
2) How is the acoustic Noise level. No noise at all here.
3) How long you use the system daily. 12+ hrs
4) Location base ambient temperature. Current winter ambient are day 25c night under 15c. but have used the gpu well in october heat summer and difference was hardly about 4-5c higher then.

Additional: Doesn't require big fat psu like aib cards so works pretty well even on a good 550-600w psu.
Compact design with enforcement on cooling and neat stock design.

power savin

1) How are the temps. Very cool. Stays under 45c ideally. Gaming it depends on game type/engine so it will max 65-70c etc.
2) How is the acoustic Noise level. No noise at all here.
3) How long you use the system daily. 12+ hrs
4) Location base ambient temperature. Current winter ambient are day 25c night under 15c. but have used the gpu well in october heat summer and difference was hardly about 4-5c higher then.

Additional: Doesn't require big fat psu like aib cards so works pretty well even on a good 550-600w psu.
Compact design with enforcement on cooling and neat stock design.
I have a corsair CS650, will it work ok in that?

I have a 3080 FE

1) How are the temps. Were okayish, but then I swapped thermal pads and paste with gelid extreme and kingpin. Now temps are better around 70 degrees core and 85 degrees memory on automatic fan control.
2) How is the acoustic Noise level. Mine sounds like a jet engine post 80% fan speed. Annoying.
3) How long you use the system daily. I keep it running, I mine with it when not gaming.
4) Location base ambient temperature. Currently it's 20 degrees, but in summer it goes around 28 degrees.

I have a 3080 FE

1) How are the temps. Were okayish, but then I swapped thermal pads and paste with gelid extreme and kingpin. Now temps are better around 70 degrees core and 85 degrees memory on automatic fan control.
2) How is the acoustic Noise level. Mine sounds like a jet engine post 80% fan speed. Annoying.
3) How long you use the system daily. I keep it running, I mine with it when not gaming.
4) Location base ambient temperature. Currently it's 20 degrees, but in summer it goes around 28 degrees.
Did you confirmed from nvidia that swapping the thermal pads will void the warranty or not. also did you do it yourself or got it done from outside.
I was taking about RTX 3080 FE only..
750 watt is minimum. you can use it on 650 watt but you will need to undervolt or will never be able to reach its true potential.

How to keep them safe ?
I cut a cardboard exactly the same size as the pcb of the gpu. Cover it using a polythene plastic. Then while replacing the pads, carefully take out the original pada using a knife of similar object and put them on the cardboard at the same place as the card.
When done, put another layer of plastic on the cardboard on the top of pads to keep them from drying out.

I am looking for long term review of people using Nvidia 3000 Series Cards. Specifically Nvidia RTX 3080 FE.
1) How are the temps.

RTX 3080 FE
1) 30% fans at the lowest, ~970-1000 rpm on both fans. Idle 41-43c on core, 66-68c on memory, fan curve set to go up after breaching 65c on core. Memory temps jump up in the high 80s-90s during gaming load.
2) Reasonably quiet, can hear coil whine while under heavy load. Fans at >70% speed just sound bad.
3) 4 - 5 hours a day at average, sometimes more.
4) 19-20c

RTX 3080 FE
1) 30% fans at the lowest, ~970-1000 rpm on both fans. Idle 41-43c on core, 66-68c on memory, fan curve set to go up after breaching 65c on core. Memory temps jump up in the high 80s-90s during gaming load.
2) Reasonably quiet, can hear coil whine while under heavy load. Fans at >70% speed just sound bad.
3) 4 - 5 hours a day at average, sometimes more.
4) 19-20c
Did you upgraded the pads ?

1) How are the temps.

Hey there, using the Rtx 3080 FE in the NR200, with ambient temps of 30C. The case has 5 fans, right now open from 3 side.

1) GPU tops out at about 85C, The memory junction goes to about 102C (for heavy games Doom Eternal with RT, Cyberpunk). Can other 3080FE owners confirm their memory junction temps.
2) Its the stock fan curve, I see 1800RPM, seems quite to me.
3) My system is on 24x7, but usage is about 1-2 hours on weekdays and about 2 hours on weekends.
4) Chennai - 30C

Heating is the only issue I am more affraid of. in summer. on full fan I get sweet in my room while using system. what to do, I am so confused :(

Strap a 120mm fan underneath the intake of the GPU
I did a similar thing, it dropped temps by around 3-4 degrees (don't remember exactly how much drop but it was worth it).

IMG_20220216_112147__01.jpg

Back