Car & Bike Looking for a car with airbags within 5.5L on road

renegade

Staff member
Super Mod
This might seems like a weird, one of its kind query but I am stuck up on buying a car which has airbags. Safety First! :p I think those come only in the top end models as far as hatchbacks are concerned.

So I guess that leaves me with Ford Figo. I have read that its a feature packed car for that budget but lacks in terms of interiors and looks. Can anyone share their first hand experience with the car? What about the economy? How about the service, who handles it for ford and how is the general experience?

BTW - Which cars, if any, within 6L come with an auto transmission.

Your choices (with Airbags under 5.5L onroad) in that price range are : Hyundai i10 Sportz, Hyundai i10 Sportz (O), Hyundai i10 Sportz Automatic , and Hyundai i10 Asta, Tata Indica Vista Aura+ SAFIRE BS IV

agantuk said:
Your choices (with Airbags under 5.5L onroad) in that price range are : Hyundai i10 Sportz, Hyundai i10 Sportz (O), Hyundai i10 Sportz Automatic , and Hyundai i10 Asta, Tata Indica Vista Aura+ SAFIRE BS IV
You mean besides Ford Figo?

Can also got for Beat LS and New Wagon R 1.0 Vxi, In all I would prefer Wagon R 1.0 cuz it has Tilt Steering, ABS, Airbags and moreover the reliability of Maruti.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Also the on road price for Wagon R 1.0 Vxi is 4.6L in Delhi, so you can invest rest 1L in either pimping your car or invest it for future ;)

Auto transmission - i10

Airbags -

Beat

i10 asta

Swift, Ritz (have no idea about taxes in Mumbai, but in Delhi NCR, you can surely get one under 5.5L)

Figo

Vista

Spark

U-VA

Above mentioned cars are petrol.

Figo has the best package overall and the diesel I heard is really fun to drive but apparently but has ground clearance issues

Put in more cash and look at Punto / Polo as well :bleh: its not like you cant afford it

How much you are going to use it in a month? For the mentioned budget of 5.5L with airbags, you can look at Beat,Figo,Micra and i10.

Beat LT(o)(+)

Meaty design(subjective), cheap yet feature rich, 3 yrs warranty, Alloys, Auto climate Control, ABS

Beat(-)

Average low-end performance, Design(subjective), Claustrophobic Rear, Small Boot

Figo Titanium(+)

Ride, Handling, Steering Feel, Spacious, Powerful AC, ABS

Figo(-)

Average performance and FE, Design(subjective)

Micra(+)

Manuveurability, Decent enough for city rides, Nice interiors

Micra(-)

Retro Design(subjective), Unknown ASS, Expensive Accessories

i10(+)

Trusted and most peppier Engine, Good ASS, Fuel Efficient

i10(-)

Design(subjective),Small Boot and Rear, Bumpy ride quality

Darky said:
Figo Titanium(+)

Ride, Handling, Steering Feel, Spacious, Powerful AC, ABS

Figo(-)

Average performance and FE, Design(subjective)

Hey buddy :)

i too own a Ford Figo Titanium Version 1.4 Tdci...

when i bought the car, i used to get mileage of 12 max, after first service or say after 3-4k on the Odo it rose to 13-14, but after doing 6k now, i get constant mileage of 17 in the city of navi mumbai and mumbai mix.

its a really good car and the engine is awesome too.

rest assured about the styling part, get some good set of alloys, black tint ur car...... it will just change everyone`s outlook towards the car

big deal, you can get the mechanism fitted in entry level.

visit VW and ask if they can do it for 1.2L Trendline model (4.9-5.1L)

coz as far as i remember, they do so.

PS: im confused whether i asked about airbags or ABS :p

Dinesh_Malhotra said:
Hey buddy :)

i too own a Ford Figo Titanium Version 1.4 Tdci...

when i bought the car, i used to get mileage of 12 max, after first service or say after 3-4k on the Odo it rose to 13-14, but after doing 6k now, i get constant mileage of 17 in the city of navi mumbai and mumbai mix.

its a really good car and the engine is awesome too.

rest assured about the styling part, get some good set of alloys, black tint ur car...... it will just change everyone`s outlook towards the car
Bro, it was for Petrol one. Diesel one is my favorite too. :)

Figo is the best choice

don't ever think of Wagon R ...man i have experienced the Body Roll and trust me its no where near safe.

also i10 has paper body(i think!!!) so dont consider that also

just an FYI.

AirBags work only when Seatbelt is being worn.

so remember, always wear a seatbelt.

i really just love Toyota's seatbelt tech.

if the brake is applied, the seatbelt just locks up, so you are kept very safe in the seats, no need to put your hands on dashboard :p

this doesnt happen in our SX4 :(
some times when we go on long trips, i sit in last seat, put the seat belt & sleep. :D
i dunno why, but the best naps i have are always in our lovely Innova, especially the last seat. :lol:

Back