Car & Bike Looking for a helmet at around 1K range.. Online??

logistopath

Molar Police
Staff member
Super Mod
May 25, 2007
Erode
Can someone suggest me a decent helmet that does its job of protecting the head very well..? I am looking for something that costs around 1K rs. Would prefer one with plain visor and very little graphics.

Can I get a good one online from ebay or the likes..?

ankxxs

Adept
Dec 2, 2009
Try to go fro Vega brand as their helmets are really good. I have 1 which I got 4 Rs900 & yeah do go 4 graphic helmets coz they provide better visiblity thn solids.:)

logistopath

Molar Police
Staff member
Super Mod
May 25, 2007
Erode
^^ I checked a few local shops, but most of them were selling fakes (that is what I felt). But ebay also will not work, because when I contacted the sellers, they are not sure about the size - they just mention standard size.

So right now I have decided to buy one from Chennai when I'll be visiting later in Jan.

Thanks for all the help.. :)

thetoxicmind

ex-Mod
Jun 3, 2007
Interweb
^^ Valid point, don't order it from somewhere!

You need to try it out and see if you like it rather comfortable with it.

EDIT: You'll have a good selection to choose from, in Chennai. :)

logistopath

Molar Police
Staff member
Super Mod
May 25, 2007
Erode
^^ GP Road is probably where I'll be visiting, given the fact that my uncle is on the hunt for a good ICE within 15K budget.

Roxtin

Skilled
May 29, 2007
Go to a Studds showroom in your area and try a Helmet which fits you like glove. Better go for a Full face and stay away from Ninja its a PIA if the locks get loose (and you can bust your chin if you fall on face). Try the Golf vent.

But as Helmets are long lasting (unless you have a major collision) I would say put some more money and go for AGV Street Road/ Race/ GT series.

Malique

Adept
May 1, 2009
Mumbai
Roxtin said:
Go to a Studds showroom in your area and try a Helmet which fits you like glove. Better go for a Full face and stay away from Ninja its a PIA if the locks get loose (and you can bust your chin if you fall on face). Try the Golf vent.

But as Helmets are long lasting (unless you have a major collision) I would say put some more money and go for AGV Street Road/ Race/ GT series.

I agree, don't go for Ninja, if u have a head on fall, the front flap opens up or breaks. i suggest Studds Jade (rs. 750) or Studds Premium (Rs. 850). I am using Jade for the last 1.5 yrs and its excellent. safely went through one head on fall. its rock solid. also the original visor is easily available for abt 150-200 . My suggestion would be the studds premium.

Vega and AGV are also very good, but they are little expensive than Studds. as your budget is rs. 1000, u may not find may models in AGV or Vega.

thetechmind

Skilled
Dec 13, 2006
OP , request : please add 750 buks to the 1k and atleast get an AGV. U will get the non-graphic version for that much....and then u can get whatever graphix u want on it.

raksrules

Elite
Aug 30, 2007
Mumbai
I am using a Studds Ninja for last 2 years. Bought one more for pillion too. I like it because of the front side opening. But that helmet weights a lot at about 1.25 Kg :mad:

thetechmind

Skilled
Dec 13, 2006
raksrules said:
I am using a Studds Ninja for last 2 years. Bought one more for pillion too. I like it because of the front side opening. But that helmet weights a lot at about 1.25 Kg :mad:

^ :S what are you talking abt !......first of all u need a upgrade from the Ninja for sure....

Facts : the basic AGV weighs - 1.6 kgs and so does my new LS2 helmet. And 2 yrs is a LONG time you get accustomed to the weight factor. The neck muscles usually pain while they develop resistance / strength to the helmet. It is a concern if u are really very underweight.

My new LS2 gave me headaches for the starting 2 days. And from the past 2 days they have gone.

Not many realise this , but your riding style varies and depends a lot on your helmet.

and please guys, spending on helmets is not a waste of money as many think. ppl spend uber k's on hardware upgrades and what not. No new decent bike costs less than 50k's , but it leaves me wondering how come helmets and riding gear are not a preference. :huh:

In tech terms, helmet is treated like the PSU of the computer. A 500 buk crappy helmet would do the same job as a bottom line of even what a 5000 buk helmet would do, just like a 400watter iball would do compared to a 400watter cm/corsair :tongue: :rofl: rest we all know....

Hacker

Skilled
Apr 1, 2005
Pune
Roxtin said:
Better go for a Full face and stay away from Ninja its a PIA if the locks get loose (and you can bust your chin if you fall on face).

Damm, I am using the ninja, never thought of this point.

Will buy a new helmet this week.

amitn18

Adept
Sep 11, 2009
Please increase your budget and get an AGV.
A helmet is a once in a lifetime investment (hopefully :D) so get the best one.