Budget 51-70k Looking for a mid-range gaming PC build under 60k

arkch99

Recruit
  1. What is your budget?
    • <= 60k
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • CPU - Intel i3 6100 @ 3.7GHz
    • GPU - GTX 750Ti 2GB
    • RAM - 1x 8GB DDR4
    • PSU - 450W
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Monitor - 1080p, 60Hz
    • HDD(1TB)
    • SSD(1TB SATA)
    • RAM
    • Cabinet, probably
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - i5 12400F
    • Motherboard - Gigabyte Gaming B660M
    • GPU - ?
    • PSU - Corsair CX750M
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Might upgrade RAM to 16GB
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Kolkata/Delhi/Online
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • Yes
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming
    • Browsing
    • Programming (web dev)
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • Avoid - MSI - hear their service is abysmal
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • AAA titles like Cyberpunk 2077, Elder Scrolls 6, Kingdom Come Deliverance, God of War, RDR2 etc at 1080p 60fps High
    • Emulation (WiiU, Switch)
    • Flight Simulators - MSFS 2020, IL2 Sturmovik Great Battles, DCS if possible
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. 1920x1080
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 10 64bit
I'd like this PC to last me at least 6 years from now. Currently I can't quite decide on a GPU. The ASUS Radeon RX 6600 at 33k is pretty sweet, but that's stretching my budget a bit(not averse to doing so if it's future-proof). There is the RTX 3050, but from what I seem to read, that card is very suboptimal. I know the GTX 1600's fit in nicely here, but they're old cards and I'd like to look for alternatives. I am open to used products here, but I'm unsure of what to look for. Maybe deals on RTX 20's ? Or should I wait for even more RTX cards to hit the aftermarket? ( I have no need for ray tracing though). Perhaps even cards like the GTX 1080?

I'd really appreciate some suggestions here. Thanks in advance :)

I'd suggest a new 16GB kit for RAM, 8GB is a bit on the low side. You can sell the current DIMM to offset the cost for a new kit.
Additionally, any particular reason to not look into AMD? Are you open to buying lower end motherboards to have a little more to spend on the GPU?

Also, a bit OT, but do let me know if you're looking to sell that 750ti.

Additionally, any particular reason to not look into AMD? Are you open to buying lower end motherboards to have a little more to spend on the GPU?
None, it's just that I can't seem to find any Ryzen which is competitive. There's the i3 12100F for a mere 9k and it beats all the Ryzens between itself and the i5, according to userbenchmark.com. It is 4 cores though, compared to the 6 cores of the others. Anything in particular that you'd recommend?

I am open to lower end mobos, yes, as long as they don't seriously affect the performance of the processor.

Will keep the rest in mind.

1660 Ti seems like a decent option for your budget. Vedant has it listed for 28k. In store price might be slightly lower.

This card is decent enough for Full-HD gaming.

For CPU, 12400F is a good option. It has better single threaded performance than Ryzen 5600, albeit, at a higher power consumption (TDP is same, but real world power consumption is higher).

Keep an eye on the used market, you might get some good deals.

1660 Ti seems like a decent option for your budget. Vedant has it listed for 28k. In store price might be slightly lower.

This card is decent enough for Full-HD gaming.

For CPU, 12400F is a good option. It has better single threaded performance than Ryzen 5600, albeit, at a higher power consumption (TDP is same, but real world power consumption is higher).

Keep an eye on the used market, you might get some good deals.
Yeah, but I’m really hesitant about buying a new 1660Ti. I’m watching the used market as you said.

The Ryzen 5 5600 is a tad more expensive than the i5, so that’s a no-brainer anyway. I would be looking at the i3 12100F but I’m unsure how well it will hold up in the future. There aren’t any cheaper Ryzens in the gap between those two, are there?

Ryzen 3600 is there, but wouldn't recommend. Stick to 12400F if budget permits. Even 12100 should hold up better than 3600.

Also, while 12400F is cheaper than 5600, mostly motherboard cost will nullify it as Intel motherboards are slightly more expensive. So take that into consideration as well.

None, it's just that I can't seem to find any Ryzen which is competitive. There's the i3 12100F for a mere 9k and it beats all the Ryzens between itself and the i5, according to userbenchmark.com. It is 4 cores though, compared to the 6 cores of the others. Anything in particular that you'd recommend?

I am open to lower end mobos, yes, as long as they don't seriously affect the performance of the processor.

Will keep the rest in mind.
don't use userbenchmark for comparing cpus

Yeah, but I’m really hesitant about buying a new 1660Ti. I’m watching the used market as you said.

The Ryzen 5 5600 is a tad more expensive than the i5, so that’s a no-brainer anyway. I would be looking at the i3 12100F but I’m unsure how well it will hold up in the future. There aren’t any cheaper Ryzens in the gap between those two, are there?
5600 is more expensive but the motherboard (b450) costs less than a b660/h510 motherboard

Since you already have a GPU, I'd suggest you to buy the upgrades and keep using the old GPU while scouting for good new/used GPU deals. Don't lose your patience and make bad purchases like a 1660ti.
Also If you're okay with MSI you can actually get 5600x with msi b550 A pro board for a little cheaper than the Intel combo.

Since you are reusing your 8GB stick(Hope its 3200Mhz with similar timing) the above build should suit you well. I know you said you don't wanna MSI, but at that price point there is no better Mobo with similar feature/thermals. It can handle upto an i9 12900k w/o issues.

That leaves around 19k for the graphics card. I would recommend you to look at used cards right now. You can get a used 1660 super for around 18k, and a used 2060 for 23-24k. The used card prices are going to come crashing down in a month or two, so if you can wait you can maybe snag a 3060 for 23-24k.

Last edited:
Back