Budget 10-15K Looking for a phone for my dad

JMak

Yeah.. I am at it ;)
Adept
Looking for a phone for my dad
He is retired
Wish to Have a phone with good display, good battery
Loud ringer and louder speaker as he watches news and youtube
Should have good modem ro catch signals as his room doest have great jio coverage.

Phone should have option to optimize as he tends to click here and there and all kinds of notifications keep popping up at his phone.

6gb ram and atleast 128gb or more storage,
A good camera can be a bonus but a snappy fast and optimised os phone is definitely the need

Thanks

Phone should have option to optimize as he tends to click here and there and all kinds of notifications keep popping up at his phone.
Could you clarify a bit on this part? Unable to understand the first part.
Are you talking about unwanted bloatware and notifications?
Also, is 5G a priority for you?

Last edited:
Could you clarify a bit on this part? Unable to understand the first part.
Are you talking about unwanted bloatware and notifications?
Also, is 5G a priority for you?
Actually he gets loads of WhatsApp messages and videos, at his age it s a bit difficult to be that careful, he trends to activate a lot of notifications.
Do wanted a phone which can genuinely optimize with one click to remain snappy.

The whatsapp bloat, I ll have to deal my self time and again.

As long as 4g is alive, I don't think 5g is needed.

From what I understand, you need a one click solution to disable notifications from all the apps.
I don't think there would be an option since it's a requirement for many to have notifications. You can disable notifications on per app basis.
I would suggest to look into stock Android phones given an elderly person is using it. Motorola G71 or Samsung devices above are good options.
I am not suggesting Redmi devices as they tend to get slow after a year or so as they move towards planned obsolescence.
The only con with G71 is no compass and no SD card so do keep that in mind.

From what I understand, you need a one click solution to disable notifications from all the apps.
I don't think there would be an option since it's a requirement for many to have notifications. You can disable notifications on per app basis.
I would suggest to look into stock Android phones given an elderly person is using it. Motorola G71 or Samsung devices above are good options.
I am not suggesting Redmi devices as they tend to get slow after a year or so as they move towards planned obsolescence.
The only con with G71 is no compass and no SD card so do keep that in mind.
Thanks
Apart from moto g71 Can you please mention all the decdbt ones yourself please
World be grateful

For stock Android, only Motorola offers some decent phones. Not considering Nokia since it's non-existent.
Right now Moto G31, 51, 71 are their latest devices for the price mentioned. 51 is a big and bulky. So if your Dad can manage that weight and size, nothing like it. Recently suggested it to a friend's sister and she's happy with it.
From Non-stock Android, all the phones mentioned above are good. Also add Redmi Note 10 pro to the list as it offers best bang for buck.
For OneUI from Samsung, I have never used it, so won't be the right person to comment. Chetansha and others can give a better feedback.

If you are going towards Redmi then for a decent experience with Miui, go for the Pro series phones as Xiaomi's updates are geared more towards the Pro series. For 17k, RN10 pro is a decent device.

What you guys feel about the moto g40 fusion
Seems good, with snapdragon cpu
6gb ram 128gb storage and a high refresh rate fhd plus 6.8 inch screen and 6k battery

Do consider the weight. If he's comfortable with a heavy phone then it is definitely a good option. It weighs 220gms without cover. With cover it will be easily near 250gms depending on which cover you chose to put on.

If you want Stock android experience which is usually easier to use & manage by old people then Motorola G31 & G71 are the best choice for that. Good Amoled Screen,Decent Camera,Decent Performance especially in case of G71.

If You're Ok with Custom UI then Redmi Note 11S ticks all department according to usage mentioned by you.

Back