One of my friends is looking for a phone within a budget of 5-7K
Questions:-
1. Q: Budget?
A: 5-7 K

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor?
A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: TFT

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: No brand preference as such

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen/QWERTY

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Not mandatory.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: None.

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G.

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Internet and checking mails and when I say mails.. lots of them. The primary purpose is for checking mails only, sometimes up to 100 mails a day.

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: Don't require dual sim/require dual sim/etc.

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: None.
Please suggest a phone in budget of 5-7K. The top most priority is checking of mails, rest standard features should suffice.
TIA.

Tell your friend to buy Nokia C5-03 from LetsBuy : 8475 - 1000 (RCOMLB1) = Rs. 7475

or

If he can spend 2k more then LG Optimus One : 9999 - 1000 (RCOMLB1) = Rs. 8999

Thanks for the inputs. So if he is using the mail application then Android device is the best bet?? I will ask if he can extend his budget to get an Optimus One. If he not able to extend how good is the the LG Optimus Me P350??

Also if he is able to extend his budget to 9-10K would Blackberry be better for his usage??

Decius said:
Thanks for the inputs. So if he is using the mail application then Android device is the best bet?? I will ask if he can extend his budget to get an Optimus One. If he not able to extend how good is the the LG Optimus Me P350??

Also if he is able to extend his budget to 9-10K would Blackberry be better for his usage??
P350 with it's paltry screen won't be a good experience trust me. If he can extend to 10k, it's a no brainer getting XCD 35, the bigger higher res screen will accomodate more and the text will be more readable..

I spoke to him, he wont be able to extend his budget beyond 7.5K plus he also told me he would require QWERTY keyboard and he needs to reply to a lots of mails too. He checks his mail through the mail application only. He is having problems using his current Nokia, like its not doing autocomplete of email adds etc. So any options left in QWERTY fones with ease of mail access in that price range??

Guys, why isn't Spice Mi-310 into the scene yet?
Spice Mi 310 - 7,399/6,559 (After RCOMLB1) (120g, 3.15" CAPACITIVE, 256k, 320x480, wifi, 3G 7.2 mbps , 2mp camera, Android 2.2, 600mhz, 1200mah)
Very low budget, yet a very useful ANDROID mobile.
He can do "What Not" with android OS including tons of options regarding MAIL. Typing using SWYPE.

@egobrain.exe - MicroMax is waaay better than spice. I've seen many of my friends saying positives about micromax mobile. I like the build quality of their mobiles, especially at those cheap prices. My friends say, it has got great battery life (for basic models). And in few years time, it'll be competing with market leaders like nokia and samsung.
I see a great future for micromax, espcially with A70 coming in... If only the price of A70 is set less than 9K, it'll the winner in budget android segment (except for the lack of flash).

BTW, at present, Micromax's Android offering is A60, which has got a resistive touch - so better avoid it right? And spice, the features for that price range is too tempting.

Screen size and resolution as that of 23K Legend. With 3g, WiFi and stuff, what more can you ask for ...

Back