Looking for a phone within 14k

aby.jena

Recruit
This will help others to make accurate recommendations and you can get a prompt reply.

Questions:-

1. Q: Budget?

A: 14k

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?

A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?

A: LCD

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.

A: Please suggest brand which will be better, Preferably Nokia, 2nd Sony

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?

A: Touchscreen + QWERTY

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.

A: Required a 5MP camera. Flash.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).

A: Symbian

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).

A: 3G.

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?

A: Multimedia, Camera, mails and internet.

10. Q: Any other requirements?

A: Don't require dual sim.

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.

A: Nokia X3

Hello buddy,

I'll suggest you to consider Nokia E6 by incrementing the budget by about a grand as also suggested by #[member='DarkStar'].Here's the review for Nokia E6 by GSMArena: http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_e6_00-review-616.php Hope this helps.
<

touchscreen + qwerty + symbian + 5mp cam + bar phone ------>nokia E5 or nokia N72

i would skip on the nokia touch and type phones as the touch loses sensitivity sooner and one fall and your phone is a paper weight!!

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]
Hello buddy,

I'll suggest you to consider HTC One V by incrementing the budget by about a grand.

Here's the review you can check it out: http://www.gsmarena....-review-750.php

Hope this helps.
happy19.gif

Oh I forgot to get it around 15K you'll need an eBay coupon, so request for the same in the eBay thread.
happy19.gif

Did you even care to read his post
indifferent14.gif
Please dont post the same post in all threads just by looking at the title.

He needs a phone with Qwerty and touchscreen and he says he prefers Symbian. You have recommended him to get a full touch screen phone.
facepalm.gif

@ OP - If you want only Symbian and touch screen then the Nokia E6 is a very good option. The X3-02 is a S40 feature phone and not a smart phone Symbian version with S60v5 or S^3.

Else I would suggest the HTC Chacha. Its a good phone for ~11k given your requirements.

HTC Chacha Sulekha deal ~11k[/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]HTC Chacha gsmarena review[/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Nokia E6 Sulekha deal ~15.3k[/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Noka E6 gsmarena[/font]

HTC Chacha Key features[/font]
  • [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Light and compact metallic body[/font]
  • [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]2.6" 256K-color TFT capacitive touchscreen of HVGA (480 x 320) resolution[/font]
  • [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Full four-row QWERTY keyboard and a dedicated Facebook button[/font]
  • [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]ARMv6 800MHz CPU, 512MB RAM, 512MB ROM[/font]
  • [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Android 2.3.3 (Gingerbread) with HTC Sense 2.1 for Messenger[/font]
  • [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Quad-band GSM and dual-band 3G support, 7.2 Mbps HSDPA[/font]
  • [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Wi-Fi 802.11 b, g, n with Mobile Hotspot functionality[/font]
  • [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]5 MP autofocus camera, D1 (720 x 480 pixels) video recording @30fps[/font]

[/font]

Did you even care to read his post
indifferent14.gif
Please dont post the same post in all threads just by looking at the title.

He needs a phone with Qwerty and touchscreen and he says he prefers Symbian. You have recommended him to get a full touch screen phone.

My apologies to OP, My bad mixed up two different user's requirements was reading some other thread before this & recommended One V over here, the side effects of multi-tasking.
sleep.png
I'll edit my post right away.
happy19.gif

#[member='DarkAngel'] you think I'm spamming/trolling then go through all my previous posts that'll surely help you get a better view.
tongu23e.gif

If the requirements put up by the user states that s/he wants an Android handset for 15K then as of now I suggest her/him to get HTC One V with a coupon & there were many such similar requirements recently, so you might have got the above idea.

If you think suggesting a handset equates to spamming then God help us users, just kidding man.
happy55.gif

HTC has decided to stop making qwerty phones. So ChaCha's price may fall even further. In case you need service, ...think about it before you finalize.

The 603 is a touchscreen-only phone - so no qwerty and also camera has no flash.

Thanks all. Appreciate your help.

What do you think about Nokia 603?????
1ign13.gif

603 is a fully touch handset but you wanted a QWERTY handset ? Please clearly state your requirements ?

BTW you should give Android a try even though you may have used Symbian in the past. The switch over won't be that hard either as I have done the same myself, do tell us if you want to try an Android.
<

Also needed suggestion & information on the Service of Sony Ericsson. I'm thinking of Neo V. But, i'm bit hesitant because of the recent news about the possible service problem due to the Split. Please suggest.

Also needed suggestion & information on the Service of Sony Ericsson. I'm thinking of Neo V. But, i'm bit hesitant because of the recent news about the possible service problem due to the Split. Please suggest.

Neo V is good choice.and i don't think there is any issues related to servicing due to the split!!

The Nokia Asha 200 makes staying in touch easy. You can use your favorite email accounts, chat quickly, and update Facebook and other social networks, all from your phone. User can enjoy a faster, richer web browsing experience. By compressing pages by up to 90%, Nokia Browser ensures smaller downloads, lower data charges, and faster page loads. And with the option to personalise start pages, you can get quick access to all your favorite content, including your most frequently visited websites. You can also enjoy the latest songs on the enhanced stereo FM radio and record them straight to your phone with FM recording. You get up to 52 hours music playback and a powerful built-in speaker to play your music out loud, and you can add up to 32 GB of memory with a microSD card. With ringtone tuning you can even turn your favorite tunes into your own personal ringtones. The user can go to Nokia Store and enhance the Nokia Asha 200 with apps, games, and more.

Back