Budget 30-40k Looking for a something with a good camera around 30K

wakkun

Disciple
1. Budget?
A: INR 30k35k

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: AMOLED

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: 3G, 4G (5G would be a nice to have)

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Nothing from Xiaomi/Oppo/Vivo/etc, too much bloatware

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: Mostly for taking pictures, decent camera is important. Minimal bloatware.

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: Dual

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: New. Unless there's a really good dead on used.

9. Any other requirements?
A: Good battery backup, Internal storage 128GB or greater

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
A: Samsung S21 FE, OnePlus Nord 10R

if you can compromise on the battery backup aspect, get a refurb pixel 3A/4A from the flipkart renewed section. I have a 3 and 4A, both take excellent pictures (better than my brother in law's OP Nord) , especially night. google warranty support is next to non existent in india (and my 4A is from the US) so might as well save some money by avoiding it.

yes i'm aware that it's just a fraction of the OP's budget

if you can compromise on the battery backup aspect, get a refurb pixel 3A/4A from the flipkart renewed section. I have a 3 and 4A, both take excellent pictures (better than my brother in law's OP Nord) , especially night. google warranty support is next to non existent in india (and my 4A is from the US) so might as well save some money by avoiding it.

yes i'm aware that it's just a fraction of the OP's budget
I am not risking getting a refurbished phone which has zero support

I am a pixel 4a user. And i can say that the pics taken on it are great looking ones. On paper the camera seems just about average but the hardware and the software combined does a fantastic job.

Everyone already knows about the pixel's low light photography capabilities. Nothing to add there. But i would also like to mention that the front cam also takes great picture. Way much better than One plus Nord.

IMO S20 FE 5G has the best set of cameras under 35k, or even 45-50k. I compared the main rear cam side by side with OP 9 pro & in low light S20 FE 5G had better pics (had to zoom in & pixel peep though). The 2 other rear cams are better than most other phones as well.

I will not recommend S21 FE because of Exynos SoC, generally runs hotter & a bit lower battery life, although same can be said about S888 or SD 8 Gen 1.

Only con of S20 FE 5G IMO is that android 13 will be its last android OS upgrade.

S20 FE 5G is the best option currently for 35k segment. However, i understand it's mentioned Xiaomi is not preferred, you may still have a look at Poco F4 5G too or wait for Pixel 6a.

At the prices they sell you can get three of them! That is far more support than Google will give you even if you buy one at MRP.
If you want the best camera in this budget, it's a Pixel and nothing else. Everything else is a distant second
Can you point me to where I can get the Pixel 4A for such a low price?

Can you point me to where I can get the Pixel 4A for such a low price?

Keep checking regularly, their inventory fluctuates a lot. I bought my Pixel 3 refurb from here at 1/3 of what my pixel 4a cost new. It was in excellent condition, no issues so far (almost a year).

But be aware, all pixels have crappy battery life - it will not even last a day with heavy use. Mine is almost always plugged in.

IMO S20 FE 5G has the best set of cameras under 35k, or even 45-50k. I compared the main rear cam side by side with OP 9 pro & in low light S20 FE 5G had better pics (had to zoom in & pixel peep though). The 2 other rear cams are better than most other phones as well.

I will not recommend S21 FE because of Exynos SoC, generally runs hotter & a bit lower battery life, although same can be said about S888 or SD 8 Gen 1.

Only con of S20 FE 5G IMO is that android 13 will be its last android OS upgrade.
As a s20 Fe 5g user i can recommend for camera and software but battery drains like you sipping juice from the bottle but average arround 6 6.30 hours

As a s20 Fe 5g user i can recommend for camera and software but battery drains like you sipping juice from the bottle but average arround 6 6.30 hours
For a flagship class device, I think 6hrs of SOT is great. I personally never got that much, but likely can with lower standby. I get like 5hrs SOT with 22-23hrs of usage. Something like Samsung M51 is a battery champ though.

Power banks. USB pd with 18/20w charging. Never leave home without it. Have 3 of them which are kept in rotation
This is no solution, that battery is going to die one day. You need a spare battery and a genuine one at that.

Which company launched the pixels in India ? don't they have service centres

Most of these are 3rd party anyway so no big deal.

It's not like i have a non existent battery. It lasts several hours. Just not a whole day. And I've had shitty battery life from day 1. It's not like it's a recent development, so i don't think battery replacement is going to help

Regarding the bulk of the power Bank, at least i don't have to carry it around all the time. Compared to the pixel, other phones feel as big as a power Bank in itself . At least i don't have to lug that around all the time.

I really wanted a smaller phone and was ok with the trafeoffs. I get that may not apply to everyone else.

It's not like i have a non existent battery. It lasts several hours. Just not a whole day. And I've had shitty battery life from day 1. It's not like it's a recent development, so i don't think battery replacement is going to help
How many hours SOT do you get on average ?

An average to poor signal will kill standby on any phone.

If on top the climate is hot that will take away even more.

Back