WTB Looking for Faulty/Dead GPU's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This might be a bit of a weird WTB but basically looking for faulty GPU's (so issues like colored lines or no display) (preferably GPU's from the last 5 years to be more relevant) to experiment with OC stuff If I can or just learn more about opening up GPU's as I really don't want to risk it with the only GPU I have in my pc. Dead GPU's will be just for showpieces.

I would really suggest you to not expect 'profit' from this as I would pay for the shipping & possibly some amount based on the condition.
Thank you.

GPUs component wise are still pretty similar to what they were back 15 years ago. If you really want to learn and not just hope to salvage a modern dead GPU in your first or second attempt then the age and era of the GPU shouldn't matter.
You should actually practice on oldest GPUs first and then attempt a repair on modern GPU.

Thanks for the unasked advice. I can now clearly see how passive cooling on a gt210 is similar to the newer GPU's. Refrain from replying if not contributing to the purpose of the thread.
GPUs component wise are still pretty similar to what they were back 15 years ago. If you really want to learn and not just hope to salvage a modern dead GPU in your first or second attempt then the age and era of the GPU shouldn't matter.
You should actually practice on oldest GPUs first and then attempt a repair on modern GPU.
Payment made to @itzmydamnlyf for the dead rx480. Awaiting shipping details.
Update: received shipment tracking.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back