Looking for my first android and I've found one - SE Live

gauz88

Disciple
Hey everyone,

I have been looking to get an android for sometime now and had my eyes on the Neo V. getting Neo was a problem as it was pushing my budget beyond 15K.

Got to experience the SE LIve with Walkman today at a store in Heera Panna, Mumbai.

The spec sheet seems impressive and flipkart has a lot of positive reviews going for it.

http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_live_with_walkman-4111.php

Do you think this a good buy for 14K?

Thanks!

Do keep in mind that internal storage is only 320mb which will limit the number of apps and games that you can install. I really dont understand why SE keeps giving paltry memory in their andriods. Even Arc and Arc S have 320mb.

I am a die hard fan of Walkman Phones. Used W220i for quite a while before it was stolen . Currently using W350i since 2 years . Both of them not top of the line products but still i love them. Can anyone do a short review of this phone just the Pro & Cons.

Would it not allow me to install apps/games on the memory card?

Certain apps like widgets, live wallpapers etc have to be installed to internal memory. Same goes for system apps. Updates to Market, Gmail, Maps, Facebook et all will be in internal memory. Other apps and games can be 'moved' to sd card. But still some data remains in internal memory.

Read a review from GSM arena . Actually this is a very good phone at the given price. No major Disadvantages . Just that the screen contrast & viewing angles are not good and the Camera performance is not up to the bar comparing with other 5MP camera phones.

Certain apps like widgets, live wallpapers etc have to be installed to internal memory. Same goes for system apps. Updates to Market, Gmail, Maps, Facebook et all will be in internal memory. Other apps and games can be 'moved' to sd card. But still some data remains in internal memory.

This is true if you do not root your phone.

Link2SD even moves market to SD Card.

Back