Looking for safe area to stay in Gurugram

star_lord

Recruit
Hi people

I will be moving to Gurugram in 2 weeks to work there. My office is in sector 24 and I want to find a place to stay in Gurugram.

I am looking for Flats only and no PGs. I have also heard that some people in Gurugram are short tempered. I have meet people who have stayed there for 2 to 3 years and they say that people from Gurugram like to get into fights a lot.

What are the safe and clean areas in Gurugram I can stay in?

Also if anyone is looking for flatmates. Please get in contact with me.

Hi people

I will be moving to Gurugram in 2 weeks to work there. My office is in sector 24 and I want to find a place to stay in Gurugram.

I am looking for Flats only and no PGs. I have also heard that some people in Gurugram are short tempered. I have meet people who have stayed there for 2 to 3 years and they say that people from Gurugram like to get into fights a lot.

I have stayed in Gurugram for over a month and you have heard it right.
People have too much ego there. From Auto wala to bike wala to car wala almost every day I have seen small incidents of ego clash.
For a day or two even I became like them. Thank god my work was for short period there.

having said that there were some positives too. Good food- Punjabi and even South Indian.
Nice Malls etc.

btw hope you have a pleasant stay there.

Last edited:
I have stayed in Gurugram for over a month and you have heard it right.
People have too much ego there. From Auto wala to bike wala to car wala almost every day I have seen small incidents of ego clash.
For a day or two even I became like them. Thank god my work was for short period there.

having said that there were some positives too. Good food- Punjabi and even South Indian.
Nice Malls etc.
Which area or sector do you suggest is safe and clean too?

If possible carry a licensed gun and use it only as a last resort.. Though the goony people there might use their weapons right as a first defense..
Wise words from one of my friends who had a horrifying short stay exp. last year.. and also a female colleague..
Gurgaon/Noida etc. are all same zones.
Hot tempered people who only know to argue and shoot! Police is also lame there esp. when you are an outsider.
Whatever you see in the movies feels same there.

To add, I get very handsomely paying jobs there but I prefer to stay away from North region for these obvious reasons.

Now, whoever wants to rant on this esp. who is a localite is free to do so as you obviously cannot hear negative words of your homeland but exp. speaks for itself..

I am surprised at the above comment really, I am from Delhi and know a lot of people in Gurugram and I occasionally go there as well and can say it's nothing like that.

Yes people in north have tempers and ego etc but guns and crap.. No.
See it all depends upon how you conduct yourself,
The rural area in it and in its vicinity was gradually overtaken by the govt and developers for various projects and people got huge huge huge amount as compensations, from among them a few, may be more than few are the people who can be termed as sort of extremely high headed etc..
But you are gonna work in the proper highly developed and safe area and stay in vicinity so don't worry...

I would request my good friend @ruiner21 to chip in and help u out...

One personal thing that I would suggest is, avoid going to bars/pubs/clubs and area around, after a shot or two things take ugly turn and also maintain sanity while driving as these two things are the major causes of fights there...

Be mi dful of parking spaces in residential areas as thta can be tricky and might cause problems...

Last edited:
Old gurgaon wud be a hassle for you....try nearby sectors 21-22-23.....closer to ur office.....or u can move to nearby golf course road...in around sector 40-41-42-43-till 47 and 38-39 also....yes car parking is a hassle......in these sectors mostly people are office workers staying on rent.....have never seen anything like what others have mentioned but yes everyone has ego and every outsider feels it in foreign land.

Old gurgaon wud be a hassle for you....try nearby sectors 21-22-23.....closer to ur office.....or u can move to nearby golf course road...in around sector 40-41-42-43-till 47 and 38-39 also....yes car parking is a hassle......in these sectors mostly people are office workers staying on rent.....have never seen anything like what others have mentioned but yes everyone has ego and every outsider feels it in foreign land.
I have been to many parts of India atleast enough to say Gurugram and Delhi is different experience as outsider and not as pleasant sometimes.
Ofcourse there are crazy people everywhere but the percentage seems to be bit higher in these places and just that ones needs to be more aware here.

Anyways Dont wish to scare the OP unnecessary also ......I think as long as you just find a decent area to stay and go about doing you work . You'd be fine too.. During my work I met many people from different parts of India working there since many years and they had few story here and there but overall it worked fine for them too.

I stayed in Noida for many years. No such experience. Can't say about Gurugram, only thing I heard about Gurugram is that it has really good night life.
I bumped into some people from Delhi on the street a while ago asking about night life in Bangalore

I told them to go back to Delhi if they wanted that because it pretty much ended here in the 90s
I have meet people who have stayed there for 2 to 3 years and they say that people from Gurugram like to get into fights a lot.
Depends on the context. Are these people sober or not? different set of rules on how to deal

Just don't get worked up and move on. Takes two to fight if the other is unwilling nothing happens

If there is no prize at the end what is the point of even getting into a fight

Excellent points by @JMak and @rockyo27 .

Yes the number of hot headed people here are more, but in all the while I’ve been here, I have not encountered any guns and such.

Stay in a good locality, dont argue with people and you will be fine.

Which area or sector do you suggest is safe and clean too?
Was staying in somewhere near sector 40 and my office was sec-44.

It was not exactly a good place to stay but while I was there some construction of housing complex were going on. So maybe that places is better now to stay.

Better to ask people who have been recently staying there or are from there only.

Hi people

I would suggest you do not move to GGN. You'll get killed.

Most people carry a gun (or kutta/tamancha) and shoot off a volley, on whim and fancy (or a baseball bat in their car boot). There are more SUVs then trees (so everyone rides on an ego). Booze shops open at 9AM, and never shut down (so they are actually always open). The owners themselves are drunk (in the evenings), and sell at their own price point. Post 8 PM (weekdays) 50% drivers are under influence, post 5 PM (weekends) 90% drivers are drunk. Patrolling cops are mostly drunk too. People party hard most weekends, and most office establishments (at least CyberCity), have a waiting after 7 PM. Anything and everything can be home delivered (even booze), services are always available. Roads are wide (6 lane one side), so you cannot differentiate between a highway or city road (and people drive with the same thought), basically you carry the law in your hand. It is kind of like pre-civil war America. Or how we see Bombay in mafia movies. Exact same analogy.

I would suggest you do not move to GGN. You'll get killed.

Most people carry a gun (or kutta/tamancha) and shoot off a volley, on whim and fancy (or a baseball bat in their car boot). There are more SUVs then trees (so everyone rides on an ego). Booze shops open at 9AM, and never shut down (so they are actually always open). The owners themselves are drunk (in the evenings), and sell at their own price point. Post 8 PM (weekdays) 50% drivers are under influence, post 5 PM (weekends) 90% drivers are drunk. Patrolling cops are mostly drunk too. People party hard most weekends, and most office establishments (at least CyberCity), have a waiting after 7 PM. Anything and everything can be home delivered (even booze), services are always available. Roads are wide (6 lane one side), so you cannot differentiate between a highway or city road (and people drive with the same thought), basically you carry the law in your hand. It is kind of like pre-civil war America. Or how we see Bombay in mafia movies. Exact same analogy.
I can't tell if this is a joke, satire, troll, or serious post.

I have no personal experience, but I know none of my friends or family members living there have been shot at or killed.

Back