Monitors Looking to buy a Dell U2515H

I get it. They're fast to give out refurbished monitors readily. I acknowledge that.

But if your brand new monitor craps out within two months of purchase, aren't you entitled to brand new monitor? If they're giving you refurbished one, doesn't that mean you effectively paid full price for a refurbished monitor?

But that is true for any electronics. Show me one company who will replace your fridge or tv or mobile with a new one if it develops a fault within 2 months. They will all repair it for free under warranty, but no one will offer you a new one as replacement.

Just to be clear, I am not justifying Dell's customer service, which I found to be quite horrible. I am just pointing out that you are holding Dell to a much higher standard of customer service than its peers.

But that is true for any electronics. Show me one company who will replace your fridge or tv or mobile with a new one if it develops a fault within 2 months. They will all repair it for free under warranty, but no one will offer you a new one as replacement.

Just to be clear, I am not justifying Dell's customer service, which I found to be quite horrible. I am just pointing out that you are holding Dell to a much higher standard of customer service than its peers.
and Im not faulting them for replacing with refurbished piece. Im just faulting them for replacing relatively new monitor with refurbished piece. you have mail them and pester them and contact a high level employee to get your case heard

Hey Arkon, I'm sorry for bothering you through multiple ways of trying to reach you but I don't know if you got my message. I'm really badly looking to get a monitor and that Dell sales rep who quoted such fantastic prices on the U2515H and the U2715H sounds too good to be true. I would be very grateful if you could send me his email to reach him. Thank you so much.

Oh, that's sad. I contacted them on Oct 21st. I can PM you the email ID of the guy whom I spoke with, if you want.
I received it just a couple of hours back and it looks amazing! I didn't use it yet, though. :p
Was cleaning up my desk and setting it all up.
U2715H will be great! I wanted to buy that too.. but my desk space was a constraint. You can easily negotiate with them. :)
Tell them that you will purchase it right away and stuff like that. Also, they might be willing to negotiate more if you purchase it towards the end of the month. :)
Can you pm me the email id of that guy ?

Yeah, same contact :) I have given that contact to about 5 people on this forum so far. Hopefully the Dell guy did good Diwali business :)
Can you share me the contact I want to buy a U2515H?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back