Looking to buy LED Strip Lights for LG C1 with Sync with TV Content

The feature you are looking for is called ambilight (from ambient light, i guess). PHILIPS TV is the only one that i know that comes with inbuilt ambilight. The Philips Hue kit in your link is also similar and that one is the true ambilight kit. Thus they do cost a lot. All other ones available are just LED kits with a remote. They DO NOT support true sync with TV. They are just a fancy LED with some built-in presets.

Another option would be to get an inexpensive microcontroller like the Arduino UNO and some programmable RGB light strips and make your own kit. This has its own pros and cons. Although this has a slight headache that you will have to make everything on your own. But you can choose the number of LEDs with exact dimensions and thus will be way brighter and have a tighter control over the setup. Also it's fun when you can show it off to your friends / relatives of a unique feature of TV that YOU MADE.

Hey everyone, i have recently bought lg-oled55c1ptz and I'm looking to buy led strip which can synchronize with content that is playing on TV.
I would like to have your thoughts.

this is i have seen far
https://www.philips-hue.com/en-us/p/hue-play-hdmi-sync-box-/046677555221 (not available in India and price seems bit high)
on FB group somewhere this kit is sold for 1.8k to 3.5k based on length. don't remember the exact group but you can try. It comes with a controller and creates effects based on image input as much as I remember.

on FB group somewhere this kit is sold for 1.8k to 3.5k based on length. don't remember the exact group but you can try. It comes with a controller and creates effects based on image input as much as I remember.
Yes those kits were quite popular on aliexpress [back when it was available] and in the same price range. They somehow did an approximation of the color on the screen and added a single color to the background. This created a black border while viewing movies with black border. But true ambilight creates separate colors around the edge of screen.

I wanted to make a kit for my own but then got busy and project got cancelled. :blackalien:

Thank you everyone for your answers, the way I can see, either import Philips hue play from USA or somewhere for lower price or build it from scratch. Tbh i am pretty good with coding in Arduino and raspberry pi as well. May be i should give it a try.

Thank you everyone for your answers, the way I can see, either import Philips hue play from USA or somewhere for lower price or build it from scratch. Tbh i am pretty good with coding in Arduino and raspberry pi as well. May be i should give it a try.
Yes go for it. You have already got the hard part covered. ;)

Please let us know how the project works out.

yes definately if you can program it, it can be used as to the end product for many of us also ;)

Back