Budget 25-30k Looking to purchase a phone for longetivity

Questions:-
1. Budget?
A: INR 25-30k, will go a bit higher if needed (ideally would stick to the lower price range devices.)

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: Compact and small (think S22, felt like the perfect size)

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, etc).
A: Either android or iOS would be fine.

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: Anything

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Ideally would avoid Xiaomi and the likes of it, though if it's absolutely worth it, I'll pick that (not a huge fan of MIUI, hence would avoid it)

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: Not much - just to google, WhatsApp messages and emails. Occasional YouTube and a lot of music listening.

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: Either

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: New. Don’t mind buying online. Don't mind second-hand or refurbs as well.

9. Any other requirements?
A: Need a great battery backup and something that lasts me for quite a while. (at least until 2026 if that's even possible, lol)

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
A: Haven't really given it a lot of thought.

So yeah. I am upgrading from my iPhone 8 and was looking for a good successor to it. I haven't really considered using another phone as I was hoping to live with this phone for at least another year or two but the battery life has been absolutely terrible recently, the phone is having issues with network, mic and all. Any great suggestions? I should let you know that I did a test run with myu brother's OnePlus Nord (the first one) and I didn't really like it. The screen was a bit too unwieldy for me so I'd avoid those. I was looking at the 12 or 12mini but that's a little too expensive. The S22 felt like the perfect phone size for me personally. Eitherways, at the end of the day, I just need a phone that lasts long enough (both battery and in terms of updates and all) and with a usable display. Also, idk if this is a factor to consider but I would like the option to install custom ROMs (if that's still a thing) and all that, though it's not necessary as I'd be replacing my phone in about 4 - 5 years anyway.

Thanks all and have a good one.

check upcomming flipkart /amazon sale

Nothing phone . Pixel 6a ,samsung fe phone , and have a look on iphone offers as well

There are not much to choose from small screen sized phones since there are not many

If you are looking at custom rom route than only poco/xiaomi/samsung phones with snapdragon soc are bootloader unlockable.

You can have a look at moto edge 30 range ( camera would be dismal for you since you are comming from iphone)

Another good option is poco f4 decent SD870 and it will have a lot of rom options

last but not the least would be asus zenfone 8z and upcoming 9. it will be expensive but thats one of the best compact android phone

iPhone 12 is available at 49999. It will probably work for 5-6 years and keep getting updates from Apple.

Edit: maybe it will go even lower if you want to exchange your old iPhone. Check Amazon.

check upcomming flipkart /amazon sale

Nothing phone . Pixel 6a ,samsung fe phone , and have a look on iphone offers as well

There are not much to choose from small screen sized phones since there are not many

If you are looking at custom rom route than only poco/xiaomi/samsung phones with snapdragon soc are bootloader unlockable.

You can have a look at moto edge 30 range ( camera would be dismal for you since you are comming from iphone)

Another good option is poco f4 decent SD870 and it will have a lot of rom options

last but not the least would be asus zenfone 8z and upcoming 9. it will be expensive but thats one of the best compact android phone
interesting... custom rom isn't a necessity... also, do you have any idea about the 12 price during the sale? hoping for it to be very low after exchange...
iPhone 12 is available at 49999. It will probably work for 5-6 years and keep getting updates from Apple.

Edit: maybe it will go even lower if you want to exchange your old iPhone. Check Amazon.
ah, i cant justify spending 50k on a phone quite frankly... if it does get to around 30k (after exchange, discount, bank offer), I will consider that or the mini.

Avoid the 12 Mini or the 13 Mini if you want a phone with at least a respectable battery life. The battery endurance on the Mini iPhones are atrocious and will make you repent every second of their existence.

Ideally, I'd suggest avoid the 12 series of iPhone altogether because of their well-known heating and screen green tint issues. Definitely was a lackluster series when it comes to Apple's stringent quality control.

Instead, look at the iPhone 13 or go head with any of the Android offerings, such as the Samsung A52S, A73 or the Moto Edge 30 Fusion.

So yeah. I am upgrading from my iPhone 8 and was looking for a good successor to it. I haven't really considered using another phone as I was hoping to live with this phone for at least another year or two but the battery life has been absolutely terrible recently, the phone is having issues with network, mic and all. Any great suggestions?
Replace its battery?

and have the service centre look into replacing the mic and whether they have an answer for the network problem.

I'm saying get your existing phone looked at. You just might be able to squeeze out a couple of more years with it.

How long have you had it btw ?

Replace its battery?

and have the service centre look into replacing the mic and whether they have an answer for the network problem.

I'm saying get your existing phone looked at. You just might be able to squeeze out a couple of more years with it.

How long have you had it btw ?
it was gifted to me by my uncle last year, I guess maybe since 2017 or 18. is it really worth fixing this phone though? i am certain that ios 16 would be the last one (though there's nothing wrong with it) but its only a matter of time before it gives up on me. i shall get a quotation and see if its worth fixing tho, thanks! :)
Avoid the 12 Mini or the 13 Mini if you want a phone with at least a respectable battery life. The battery endurance on the Mini iPhones are atrocious and will make you repent every second of their existence.

Ideally, I'd suggest avoid the 12 series of iPhone altogether because of their well-known heating and screen green tint issues. Definitely was a lackluster series when it comes to Apple's stringent quality control.

Instead, look at the iPhone 13 or go head with any of the Android offerings, such as the Samsung A52S, A73 or the Moto Edge 30 Fusion.
ah okay, wasn;t aware of how bad it was. i thought the 12 is good enough quite honestly... might just spring for the a73 or a52s then if that's the case. doubt 13 is ever gonna come under my budget.

edit:- the a52s and a73 and the moto are a little too huge for me. :(

Last edited:
13 will be available at 49k. after exchange maybe 40k to 44k. It's a steal deal. And you will get latest updates for next 4-5 years. And like Android you won't have to wait for months after Android release. As midrange Android updates takes more time than a flagship phone of same brand.

is it really worth fixing this phone though? i am certain that ios 16 would be the last one (though there's nothing wrong with it) but its only a matter of time before it gives up on me. i shall get a quotation and see if its worth fixing tho, thanks! :)
This is your intended use

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: Not much - just to google, WhatsApp messages and emails. Occasional YouTube and a lot of music listening.

Does that need a new phone or is it you that wants a new phone :) latter is an entirely different matter

This is your intended use

Does that need a new phone or is it you that wants a new phone :) latter is an entirely different matter
It’s starting to show it’s age quite frankly. Honestly, I don’t really need a new phone. Should last me long till I finish my UG (2024) but my parents have been pushing to buy a new phone. (despite me telling them I don't need one.)

Last edited:
Yeah it's also a good deal. I personally checked it at store. It's boxy design and it definitely feels like a premium device.
S21 FE 5G in the upcoming sales. 31K
yeah... shortlisting s21 fe and the pixel 6a and iPhone 12 mini (seems like iPhone 12 mini's battery is pretty bad but hearing varying comments about it but leaning more towards s21 fe)

How good is the battery life of the S21 FE?

i am pretty sad that both pixel 6a and samsung s21 fe has exynos chipset .With respect to software longetivity i would pickup 6a but googles after sales support in india is appaling so samsung would be your choice if you are hell bent on the top end .i would really recommend having a look on latest motorola edge 30 put a google camera apk and you would have a no non sense phone

Back