Audio Looky what arrived in the mail today....

65k is what i am seeing it for currently, which is a steal. Use it for a couple of years and resell it and you will get your money back most likely, or maybe lose just a few k. It's like a free trial if you have the money lying around. If you like it ofcourse you can just decide to keep it for yourself.

Its 57K now in a combo offer in Flipkart.... Add a speaker (Rs 299) and to get additional discount and u see the final price of 57k in ur cart.

65k is what i am seeing it for currently, which is a steal. Use it for a couple of years and resell it and you will get your money back most likely, or maybe lose just a few k. It's like a free trial if you have the money lying around. If you like it ofcourse you can just decide to keep it for yourself.

I'll add 2 cents from my side...

Please try and audition the HD800 before pulling the trigger on these. No matter how good the deal may seem to you, they definitely aren't everyone's cup of tea!
The Sennheiser showroom can arrange an audition for these.
Not to forget, you'll have to invest in buying a better source and a headphone amp, to make these truly shine. And anyone who disagrees, hasn't had the chance to listen to the HD800 at their full (or near-full) potential.

I have a cousin, who bought the HD800 for a good price...bought a headphone amp specifically for these...and after a few months sold them both for a loss, as he decided he didn't like them at all!

In fact, the HD650 is a much better choice, if you are buying without auditioning, IMHO. And its sound signature has a generally universal appeal.
BTW, they too are on sale, right now...!

Hint: Experimenting is expensive. Following the advice of those who have already done the legwork is not!
Recently, I took FlySweep's (Head-fi) advice for the Bushmaster MkII > HD650 and the HD650 has never sounded better, compared against all my previous amps, dac/amps. Why experiment any further? It's fun, buying, auditioning, and selling, but a lot of work, and you lose money in the end.

Last edited:
Damn. The 650s for 25k seems like a good deal too. I was considering getting the Grado 225 from a sale thread over here but the 650 looks tempting.
Do the Senns come with a 2 yr warranty?

Yes Sir, they do.

Am on the Flipkart payment page and reading reviews of both Senns and Grados on head-fi. Why did you have to tell us about the 650s? I was happy before with the discussion going on about the 800s considering they were never on my radar due to their analytical sound signature but the 650s are perfect with their slightly darker sound, something I am in love with since my RE-1.

Edit - With the combo offer you get the 650 and some shitty miniUSB speakers for just 22658.

Am on the Flipkart payment page and reading reviews of both Senns and Grados on head-fi. Why did you have to tell us about the 650s? I was happy before with the discussion going on about the 800s considering they were never on my radar due to their analytical sound signature but the 650s are perfect with their slightly darker sound, something I am in love with since my RE-1.

:D
I'm sorry............................(not really!;))

I really see no reason why you wouldn't like the HD650s, if you prefer smooth and dark mids. But no idea about how they compare against Grados; never heard one.
They will keep you entertained for years to come.....unless you listen to a planar magnetic headphone one day :p

Order placed for HD650 on 1 yr EMI. Selected next day delivery so should be delivered tomorrow.:D
Now need to start reading about amps and decide on one quickly.

Order placed for HD650 on 1 yr EMI. Selected next day delivery so should be delivered tomorrow.:D
Now need to start reading about amps and decide on one quickly.
Bottle Head Crack with the Speedball upgrade ;)

Is the HD600 on sale too? Don't think my HDFC A/C is operational anymore. These deals are really sweet, the HD800 is cheaper than a pre-owned one on head-fi if I'm not mistaken.

Damn, that was quick!:cool:
Congrats! and please share your impressions, when they arrive...

That reminds me. I have to get back the HDD which contains my music collection from one of my friends. I don't even have a single song on my laptop.

Edit - Just got notified by Flipkart that the headphones have been shipped. Time to sell off my PS3.

Is the HD600 on sale too? Don't think my HDFC A/C is operational anymore. These deals are really sweet, the HD800 is cheaper than a pre-owned one on head-fi if I'm not mistaken.

The HD600 is not even listed on flipkart.

The HD600 isn't available in India for sale (anywhere), atleast AFAIK.
And yeah, the HD800's price is the lowest anywhere in the world....and as you pointed out - even lower than pre-owned ones on Head-fi!

That would knock it down to under 60k brand new. How the hell is Flipkart selling it at these prices? Not a single other place internationally has it for anywhere even close to this price lol. They seem to be willing to take losses on sales of certain products just to show investors that they have a high turnover perhaps and get more funding, but they are making losses every year.

Anyways to get back on topic, if anyone is on the fence, i have used these headphones now for about 5 months now, and am very happy with them. Do not regret my purchase at all!

The max cashback discount on SBI cards is Rs 3000. So after that, the price comes to 62000. Not bad I say if you are into headphones.

Unfortunately I'm not a headphone guy.

Back