Lost Mobile :(

skaluva

Disciple
Hi guys,

Today is bad day for me
<
as i've lost my new mobile(Nokia c3-01) in market which i bought 7months back. Im staying in Hyderabad.

I've blocked my airtel SIM. I want to track my mobile with IMEI number. I have IMEI number in my hand. Is there any way to track my mobile?

Technically, with an FIR, Nokia will be able to track the phone if it is switched on. I also think using your IMEI and GPS, the network provider will be able to pin point it.

Good luck tracking it down!!

Unless you have contacts in Local service provider like Airtel,Vodafoe,Rel etc, Nobody will help. Also the probability of helping for phones<10k is very low. See if someone from your friends is working in these companes.Also It will be very useful if you know somebody from crime dept(Police). As far tracing the phone through IMEI no. It is as simple as searching a particular file in PC. Now a days EIR(Equipment Identity registers) are very fast and advance.

Thanx guys. I filed a complaint in Police Station on the day itself. But till now now information received. Unfortunately i dont have contacts in either police dept or network provider. So i've decided to block the phone using IMEI and buy new phone.

I've heard that we can block our lost phone using IMEI. Can anybody tell me the procedure to do this.

only 2 things require..

1st. Your mobile bill(to proof that it was actually yours) and the IMEI number which will be used by cell operators not by manufacturer's company to track down the cell(as SIM sends out the IMEI and IMSI number frequently to its operator).

2nd. A VERY strong approach or a IMANDAAR policewala which will take action towards this and inform the IMEI to all cell providers.

No matter how much costly your mobile was, it can be only tracked down if their is approach(not the law in this dabanng country
<
) behind it.

just my 2 cents
<

From my personal experience I don't think it's going to work out unless you know a policeman who is from the dept who handles these type of cases. Esp if your phone costs less than 10k it's virtually ruled out trying to track it. Even I lost my Nokia 5233 recently in Hyderabad as well. I even tried an online website which told will track but didn't.

Yup. Even though its possible to trace your cellphone the guys simply wont do anything apart from just registering an fir that too as a formality for you! Better make your way to cyber crime personnales, they might be able to help you coz ultimately local police hand over these technology cases to them. So why not directly go their rather than taking a long turn
<

I've lost a phone as well. Problem is the police refused to register FIR. I've my Bill with me as proof of purchase. Now how do I get the phone blocked ? Isn't there some agency which handles this sort of things ?

I've lost a phone as well. Problem is the police refused to register FIR. I've my Bill with me as proof of purchase. Now how do I get the phone blocked ? Isn't there some agency which handles this sort of things ?

There is no online complaint facility in your state?.

There is no online complaint facility in your state?.

I'm from Bangalore. There HAS to be something of the kind. But with a lot of fueled by facebook fake sites coming up promising to track lost phones, haven't found out which is the site I am actually supposed to register and block out my IMEI.

Stumbled on this while on facebook one of my friend posted/shared it dont know if it works or not,

still if you want to give it a shot then here it goes. Hope it works for you.
<
<
<

If u lose your mobile..............??

This is how it works!!!!!!

1. Dial

*#06# from your mobile.

2. Your mobile shows a unique 15 digit.

3. Note down this no anywhere but except your mobile as this is the no which will help trace your mobile in case of a theft.

4. Once stolen you just have to mail this 15 digit IMEI no. to cop@vsnl.net

5. No need to go to police.

6. Your Mobile will be traced within next 24 hrs via a complex system of GPRS and internet.

7. You will find where your hand set is being operated even in case your no is being changed. PASS ON THIS VERY IMP MESSAGE TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS AND RELATIVES.

If u lost your mobile, send an e-mail to cop@vsnl.net

With the following info

Your name:

Address:

Phone model:

Make:

Last used No.:

E-mail for communication:

Missed date:

IMEI No.:

Keep all these information stored for emergency use..

if u like it just share it......

Back