• Motherboard - Gigabyte H81M-D3H -3500,
  • RAM - Kingston HyperX Fury 4GB 1600Mhz -2500,
  • GPU - AMD R9 270 - 12,000
  • TOTAL -25,500.

If you can stretch it by 4-5k then you can get a gtx 960 instead of the r9 270

• CPU - Intel Core i3 4150 -7500,
  • Motherboard - Gigabyte H81M-S1 -3500,
  • RAM - Kingston HyperX Fury 4GB 1600Mhz -2500,
  • GPU - Asus Strix GTX750Ti 2GB - 10000.
  • TOTAL -23,500.

And GPU ?
your budget dude. If you want to play at high settings at 1080p you're gonna need a good system and a good card but i dont think that you'll be able to make it do in 30k.
I'm not sure how good it will be for your usage but i recommend at least a GTX 750.
12k each for the i5 and the video card, thats 24k down. Another 4k-5k for the motherboard. Another 2.5k for the new RAM.

your budget dude. If you want to play at high settings at 1080p you're gonna need a good system and a good card but i dont think that you'll be able to make it do in 30k.
I'm not sure how good it will be for your usage but i recommend at least a GTX 750.
12k each for the i5 and the video card, thats 24k down. Another 4k-5k for the motherboard. Another 2.5k for the new RAM.
Thats what I am telling him about:

Just go with the following config buddy and be content with it:

• RAM - Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1600Mhz -4500,
  • TOTAL -25,500.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats what I am telling him about:

Just go with the following config buddy and be content with it:

• RAM - Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1600Mhz -4500,
  • TOTAL -25,500.
Sorry to hijack the thread. My first post. Where did you find asus strix gtx750ti for 10k?
Im having a intel core i5-4430+gigaybte b85m-d3h with 8gb Kingston 1600mhz Ram and 1tb hdd from seagate. My suggestion would be to get amd fx-6300 with compatible am3+ mobo. As amd is mostly vfm. You must definately look at more cores today as mentioned in above posts that more games today require more cores for better gameplay. I am looking to upgrade my gfx card and almost got similar specs to the one you are getting 1 and half year ago. Hope you make a good choice

if the primary use for this system is gaming then an i3+ r9 270x would be my suggestion. i.e. allot more of your budget towards the gpu rather than the cpu.
750ti can barely run games coming out this year and the performance jump between an i3 and i5 is non-existent when paired with a low-end gpu.

@Rayvonne Gonsalves : yes i can understand your suggestion for getting "more cores" due to the console ports coming out but the fx-6300 has 3 modules that can handle 2 threads each (2 integer cores) but they have to share common resources (i.e. floating point units and cache) and as a result it's gaming performance takes quite a hit compared to an intel equivalent. right now, for gaming, intel cpu's have the edge.

if the primary use for this system is gaming then an i3+ r9 270x would be my suggestion. i.e. allot more of your budget towards the gpu rather than the cpu.
750ti can barely run games coming out this year and the performance jump between an i3 and i5 is non-existent when paired with a low-end gpu.

@Rayvonne Gonsalves : yes i can understand your suggestion for getting "more cores" due to the console ports coming out but the fx-6300 has 3 modules that can handle 2 threads each (2 integer cores) but they have to share common resources (i.e. floating point units and cache) and as a result it's gaming performance takes quite a hit compared to an intel equivalent. right now, for gaming, intel cpu's have the edge.
Quite an informative post. But dont you feel a core i3 dual core is less for gaming. If he has the budget for an i5 then you cannot compare, but if its between i3 and amd then i feel amd makes sense. Atleast get a quad core. And another thing i would point out is why get an intel core i3? Wouldnt the g3258 outperform or even be better at a significantly lower pricetag? Here are wome comparisonshttp://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Pentium-G3258-vs-Intel-Core-i3-4130. Moreover its unlocked cpu. Which gives a bit of headroom for overclocking later on

Buying G3258 is no brainer.
U have to spend extra 3K for cooler and another 2.5-3K for better mobo to OC.
So,either I have to chose i3 of fx.
Snd I guess i3 win in most of current scenario.

Still think I should have wait just little more to increase my budget 5K more to get i3+960 combo.
And I guess at least 8gb ram required and cut save buying 4gb ram.

Its not about how "fast" each core is but rather how "strong" the core is which is why a multi-core processor is preferred nowadays for gaming especially at higher settings. I feel that some of you dont know how much you'll compromise by getting a dual-core.
My suggestion would be: save more and go for a quad i5 or get the FX6300. If budget really is a concern you can go for a basic video card for now like the R7 250X and then upgrade it later on. The AMD socket is also old now so chances of getting an "OMG AWESOME CPU" for it is slim to none.
Don't get the G3258 for high gaming. Its already been proven that while the Pentium Haswell is fast and OC'able it throttles for everything else in heavy gaming/heavy titles. You don't know because most mainstream tech review sites benchmark with only lesser-heavy games.
Now look at the some of the games being used on this site. The difference is highly noticeable.
www.notebookcheck.net/Computer-Games-on-Laptop-Graphics-Cards.13849.0.html
but its your money though. Just do a proper research before making the final conclusion.

But dont you feel a core i3 dual core is less for gaming. If he has the budget for an i5 then you cannot compare, but if its between i3 and amd then i feel amd makes sense. Atleast get a quad core.
for gaming the i3 is better than the fx-6300. naturally it's no contest next to an i5 but op said he cannot afford it. if the op wanted a cpu for anything other than gaming (or encoding) i would have suggested the fx-6300. it is only in gaming that it falls behind, otherwise it's brilliant.
btw, the fx 6300 consists of 3 piledriver modules so either way he's not getting 4 'cores'.

Let me clear this misconception about more 'cores'. Games dont use cores - they use threads.
So the 2 main factors to keep in mind are
a) how effectively the game can utilize multiple threads and
b) the performance of the thread itself which is dependent on the underlying architecture of the cpu.
the i3 has 4 threads while the fx-6300 has 6, yet the fx is equal to or below the i3 in every gaming benchmark.
so another way of putting the op's choice is - either 4 threads from intel or 6 threads from amd (not dual core intel vs. hexa-core amd)

basically for gaming: i5 beats >i3 beats >fx beats almost everything before >sandy bridge

Now look at the some of the games being used on this site. The difference is highly noticeable.
www.notebookcheck.net/Computer-Games-on-Laptop-Graphics-Cards.13849.0.html
it's good as a general guide but i cannot consider it accurate as it does not list out the methodology, the frame time variance or even the test system specs.

Last edited:
Back