Low end rig

iChaitanya said:
AFAIK, that depends on what CPU you're gonna pair it with with. If you're gonna pair a 125W quad core with it, then it'll need ATX 12V 2x4. On a brand new GA-880GM-UD2H (or any latest Gigabyte board), only 4 (of the ATX 12V 2x4) pin sockets are visible. Rest 4 are covered by a plastic cap that you need to take off if you wanna connect a ATX 12V 2x4 connector (if your PSU has one). An ATX 12V 2x4 adapter can also be used. AMD Athlon II X2/X3 /X4 (w/o overclocking) and Phenom II X2/X3 & X4 (840 & 925 - w/o overclocking) will run just fine on ATX 12V 1x4. Just make sure the PSU isn't an el cheapo one. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Can anyone post any pictures of these connectors & sockets etc?

Audi0slave said:
Will try it today only :eek:hyeah:.
Once you unlock the 4th please post it down here , the screen the vcore and the prime results , I'll be doing the same with mine once I'm sure its not going to kill my chip , TYIA

:cool2:

Meant to post it ages ago but might as well do it a little late.

Tried to unlock the 4th core but sadly it doesn't unlock at all. Played a lot with ACC settings and Vcore but it wont boot into windows no matter what. Seems like a bad core after all :(.
So with a disappointing OC adventure earlier and a failed core unlock I tried undervolting the CPU to lower the temps. Here are the results.

Clock Speed -> 200 x 15 = 3000Mhz
Vcore -> 1.2250V (default = 1.3250V)
Temps -> low - 26, high - 43 (from low - 34, high - 61)

Has been stable for 5 hrs now.

At least Happy with the stock cooling now otherwise was thinking to buy a CPU cooler for this.

PoBoy said:
what temps are those ? using coretemp ?

Yes.

Tried further undervolting, here are the new results. Just need coredamage to run overnight to fully confirm the stability, will post later on this.

In short:

Clock Speed -> 200 x 15 = 3000Mhz
Vcore -> 1.125V (default = 1.325V)
Temps -> low - 22, high - 37 (from low - 34, high - 61)
I am really surprised at these numbers, I don't know why AMD and the motherboard manufacturers keep such high vcore when it seems they can easily run on much lower voltages.

Back