Low Registry Space :-(

TheBroker

Skilled
My comp on restarting says my maximum registry size is too low..have cleaned up registry with Advanced System Cleanerl and had stopped showing the same msg...but now it shows again
also my comps is taking too much time to start and is in general too much slow.....Wht shud I do.I had just formatted it recently too bored to format

The registry size limit options are set within control Panel>system>Advanced>Performance> V-memory

change it to twice/thrice yur current limit....reboot

Though it's surpprising why a recently formatted system should show this error....anyway, try and post back....

Also, after doing this, you may want to do a system restore to an older date (to the last tme when ur PC was woking fine)

The solution is to increase the Registry Size Limit (RSL) value. Open the Control Panel System applet and go to the Advanced tab. Click Performance Options, then click Change (in the Performance Options dialog box's Virtual Memory section).

The Virtual Memory dialog box, which Figure shows

This contains the RSL settings. Increase the value in the Maximum registry size (MB) text box; I recommend at least twice the Current registry size value. You'll need to reboot the machine for the changes to the RSL value to take effect.

I had a virus attack after i formatted my sys....realising that svchost.exe is taking up too much of memory...any steps???

AND btw i am on win 2k

Dude.... The reason for Svchost taking up so much memory could be the result of a trojan. Make sure that Svchost is there only in the system32 folder. If there is a file called Svchost.exe anywhere else, it could well be a trojan. Check for it...

Alternatively.. you could use a program called security task manager that will tell you if a process is a rogue process.

Hope it helps....

Back