Budget 0-20k M-atx Motherboard, Its Killing me !!!

sanjeevram

Up! Up! Up!
Adept
Do any of the members have any of these boards, want to check whether they are finding any issue populating the pcie slots.

I am building a M-atx System satisfying the below mentioned criteria
Should have 2*m.2 Slots running Pci-e X4 (Gen 4/3) (2 * Nvme drives)
1* Pci-e X16 (Gen 4) - Graphics card
1* Pci-e X4 (Gen 3) - Capture card Supporting Pci-e Gen 2 X4
All 4 ports should Simultaneously

Dont need many sata ports, two is fine
Unable to find anything concrete with help from google baba.

So far able to find only this https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/X570M Pro4/ Which does not inspire confidence for me.
Or do we have any other option using X570 Chipset, Or do i need to go intel Altogether
TIA.

Last edited:
the TUF B550M seems to support all simultaneously but still it shares bandwidth between the second M.2 and PCIe x4. Based on what you are using it for, it may or may not be an issue. Check this thread which should clear up things.

Why not look at the Asrock B550M Steel Legend? Similar slot layout as the MSI B550M Mortar, and while it lacks in-built wifi. you can use an E-Key wifi card.

Why not look at the Asrock B550M Steel Legend? Similar slot layout as the MSI B550M Mortar, and while it lacks in-built wifi. you can use an E-Key wifi card.
Have also posted a link to it, Basically I m at a spot where I want a insiders preview, someone who has any of the boards.

I think you've posted a link to a different board. Which is pretty highly rated.
this one right ?

Steel Legend disables 2 SATA ports, but since you need only 2 that's not much of an issue. But the 2nd M.2 is x2 and not x4, if that matters to you.
Mortar is out since it's cuts into a PCIe x16 completely instead of SATA
The Aorus boards you listed doesn't have any such lane sharing information in the specifications page - the same is also true for the Tuf Plus, but the thread @FerroSilicius linked above discusses issues with the 2nd M.2 running at lower speeds when everything (PCIe_2) is populated.
I guess a good X570 board may be able to give you all the lanes at full speed. These are the only boards you came across?

Edit: You can also check this sheet. Look at the Expansion Slots and Storage columns

Last edited:

From r/buildapc

Another thread that might help
That was long. How is Asrock as a brand?

is it necessay to build m-atx system ,B550 Aourus master could do the trick but that it is ATX board

B550M AORUS ELITE
B550M AORUS PRO AX

Last edited:
Seems fine. If you need WiFi you can get the Aorus Pro AX.
Do note that they don't indicate if any of the lanes will be disabled when M.2_SB is used (this is specified in their Aorus ATX boards), so it is safe to assume that you won't outright lose a PCIe but some lane sharing is likely to be happening. Maybe because it has only 4 SATA ports instead of 6, they are able to pull it off. But better to be prepared for some (M.2_SB speed?) compromise and be surprised later if everything works without issues.

Don't need WIFI
The second pcie slot will be using only Pci-e Gen 2, so shouldn't be much of a problem.
Why are there not many X570 M-Atx Boards, It would have been easy.
The issues with Asrock X570 is, I dont whether it would fully support my 5900X in the future.

It will support the 5900x. But do you mean the quality of the VRMs? Let me see if I can find that Buildzoid video, any mATX he recommends will have solid VRMs. You think you might overclock the 5900x?

Well, Buildzoid doesn't have anything good thing to say about the Asrock X570M so I would avoid that for a 5900X; fine for 8 cores though.
One more thing, what kind of GPU do you see yourself running later? 2 slots GPUs will be fine with the Aorus Pro-P but a 3-slot GPU will block the 2nd x16 PCIe slot.

The Aorus Pro-P is all clear then for a stock 5900X, if overclocking will need good airflow that's all.
Be careful not to get the non -P version, the VRMs are worse.

Back