Budget 0-20k M-atx Motherboard, Its Killing me !!!

B550 VRM Hardware unboxed.jpg

The Asrock b550m steel legend seems like a better option than a gigabyte b550m aorus Pro-P(which has a better VRM and Ethernet than a gigabyte b550m aorus Pro)
The second m.2 works on Gen3-X2 so that should work as Pcie Gen2 x4 Right ?
How is the ASS, who handles ass for Asrock.

Narrowed down to three choices- IN order of preference (Should be able to handle a 5900X non-OC comfortably) - Will change the board in future if ever a better micro-atx arrives (B550,X570,X570s)

Love this board (On of the best) but for this Second pcie x4 slot issue
is it necessay to build m-atx system ,B550 Aourus master could do the trick but that it is ATX board

B550M AORUS ELITE
B550M AORUS PRO AX
I am ready to expand the budget to 30k but it has to be micro atx with the required Slots.

Last edited:
Which SSD will you be using in the 2nd slot? Max bandwidth will be ~2000MBs with PCIe3 x2, If I'm not mistaken. Might not matter much unless you are copying large files.
The Tuf Plus also behaves in a similar manner, so depending on the features that matter to you most between the two, you can pick either. Also check that Hardforum thread linked earlier to see the speeds that guy is getting with his 970 Evo Plus in M.2_2 on the Tuf Plus - seems to be better than what you might get with the Steel Legend.

Which SSD will you be using in the 2nd slot? Max bandwidth will be ~2000MBs with PCIe3 x2, If I'm not mistaken. Might not matter much unless you are copying large files.
The Tuf Plus also behaves in a similar manner, so depending on the features that matter to you most between the two, you can pick either. Also check that Hardforum thread linked earlier to see the speeds that guy is getting with his 970 Evo Plus in M.2_2 on the Tuf Plus - seems to be better than what you might get with the Steel Legend.
The data passing maybe max 4k 60 fps which may not be more than 100-200 mb per sec in real world conditions. It should be fine I guess
itna hi paisa hai toh 2 chote itx system banalo :p
Man behlane ke liye toh bana ne wala hoon next year tak

Why are you going for a matx motherboard? I don't think you will save much space from the current setup.
Most mid tower ATX cases are at least 49L in volume, often going well beyond that. Op is going for a mATX case which is barely 25L in volume, so it is quite a smaller case and much more compact. And matx is a good middle ground between itx (which is much more expensive in India thanks to high prices of sfx PSUs and non-availability of cases other than the NR200, plus only 2 RAM slots which is personally a deal breaker for me) and full size atx, which is honestly more than what 90% of people need - how many people will ever use more than 2 RAM slots, one PCIE slot and 2 m.2 slots?

Most mid tower ATX cases are at least 49L in volume, often going well beyond that. Op is going for a mATX case which is barely 25L in volume, so it is quite a smaller case and much more compact. And matx is a good middle ground between itx (which is much more expensive in India thanks to high prices of sfx PSUs and non-availability of cases other than the NR200, plus only 2 RAM slots which is personally a deal breaker for me) and full size atx, which is honestly more than what 90% of people need - how many people will ever use more than 2 RAM slots, one PCIE slot and 2 m.2 slots?
I see. I have 2 of those Intel 8th Gen NUCs for portable computing. They are good for the work related use cases. They are smaller than ITX cases. I personally prefer the biggest case I can get for the gaming need as I want to have top notch cooling for smooth running. Btw which case op is going for ?

I see. I have 2 of those Intel 8th Gen NUCs for portable computing. They are good for the work related use cases. They are smaller than ITX cases. I personally prefer the biggest case I can get for the gaming need as I want to have top notch cooling for smooth running. Btw which case op is going for ?
Silverstone PS15 Pro I think. I got the same one purely because of its size - I don't want my cases to be any larger than they need to be. Would have loved to build a mITX but couldn't justify the prices lol

Why the price sticker is scratched? And doesn’t it have m2 screws inside? Im going to pick the same board from local market today.

Good price, good thermal performance, balanced features, durability and good ports layout(specially SATA), exactly where I want it.

Attachments

• 11823688-AC92-4F7A-A4F4-BAB259A322F1.jpeg
    11823688-AC92-4F7A-A4F4-BAB259A322F1.jpeg
    332.2 KB · Views: 90
Currently its a cable mess, unable to close the back panel :confused:
Does anyone have those 20 cm smaller sata cables

Thinking of buying these

Back