CPU/Mobo M4A88TD V EVO or M4A89GTD-PROU3

Quasar

Disciple
Hey friends,

I am trying to find which of these 2 motherboards are VFM.
The only difference is the chipset (890GX vs 880G)

880G has power surge protection which is absent in 890GX version of Asus motherboard. The price difference seems to be 7.4k v/s 10.4k, is 3k difference justified???

I would advice against the V evo board. although i havent used the V evo 880 board, i had bought the 780 version of it & was extremely unhappy with it because of the poor voltage fluctuation and not so good bios.

imo i would advice only the top end asus boards.

why are you not considering gigabyte 890gpa ud3h? it costs around 9k, i am using them for quite sometime without any problems.

I too would suggest the Gigabyte boards. Btw, if u are looking for VFM boards take a look at the Gigabyte 880GM-USB3/ Gigabyte 880GMA-UD2H ~ 5k-6k

Quasar said:
Hey friends,

I am trying to find which of these 2 motherboards are VFM.

The only difference is the chipset (890GX vs 880G)

880G has power surge protection which is absent in 890GX version of Asus motherboard. The price difference seems to be 7.4k v/s 10.4k, is 3k difference justified???

Not sure of the M4A88TD-V EVO but the M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3 version seems to have good feedback on newegg.

Newegg.com - ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3 AM3 AMD 880G HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

Quite a few reviews for the same when googled.

This one looked nice-

ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3 review

p.s. you have so many threads related to the same-

http://www.techenclave.com/cpu-mobo-corner/motherboard-for-amd-phenom-ii-x6-175466.html

http://www.techenclave.com/cpu-mobo-corner/price-of-amd-processor-asus-motherboard-175465.html

It's pointless and confusing imho and difficult for others to provide any proper suggestion.

Why don't you start a thread with your budget for the new computer and full configuration of what you have in mind- all components, and let everyone suggest the good/better stuff.

thanks pegasus for suggestion. My intention for different threads is to keep the threads in proper order, i.e. in line with the sub-forum title. well your idea is also good. I will try doing that.

hey gigabyte motherboards(one with 880G chipset) has SB710 instead of SB850. I am kind inclined towards Asus. either will go for M4a88td or M4a89gtd.

BTW inquired prime today, they quoted Rs 20,200 for phenon 1055+m4a89gtd usb3. I feel this is bit inflated price... would see if i can get it for 17k.

Back