Remaining Warranty Period
Nil
Invoice Available?
Yes
Reason for Sale
Switch
21st March warranty expired
Spotless.
Absolutely minimally used, nothing more than word processing and 4-5 videos edited in this year.
Taken care like a baby.
Letting go to get back into windows domain again as Macos is excellent workhorse but bit boring without a touch screen(basically khujli and grass is greener.....)

Attachments

• 20220521_214806.jpg
    20220521_214806.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 258
  • 20220521_214832.jpg
    20220521_214832.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 239
  • 20220521_215236.jpg
    20220521_215236.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 239
  • 20220521_215250.jpg
    20220521_215250.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 236
  • 20220521_215301.jpg
    20220521_215301.jpg
    276.2 KB · Views: 263
  • 20220521_215627.jpg
    20220521_215627.jpg
    329.5 KB · Views: 265
  • 20220521_215215.jpg
    20220521_215215.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 262
  • 20220521_215207.jpg
    20220521_215207.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 244
  • 20220521_215158.jpg
    20220521_215158.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 251
I'm in the same boat currently. Great reviews of M1 got me really curious and I ended up buying a Mac Mini. M1 is great, it's fast, has a great GPU, I play games on it. But Mac OS is lacking in so many areas. I can't believe people praise it for its UI, it's so confusing and all over the place. I mean, icons don't automatically rearrange when you resize the finder window, like what?!

Anyway, I'm sure at this price, people who are used to Mac will love it. M1 is really really good and Macs mostly last a long time.

I'm in the same boat currently. Great reviews of M1 got me really curious and I ended up buying a Mac Mini. M1 is great, it's fast, has a great GPU, I play games on it. But Mac OS is lacking in so many areas. I can't believe people praise it for its UI, it's so confusing and all over the place. I mean, icons don't automatically rearrange when you resize the finder window, like what?!

Anyway, I'm sure at this price, people who are used to Mac will love it. M1 is really really good and Macs mostly last a long time.
Which games are playable??

everything is different from windows, it will days to get adjusted to keyboard shortcuts, menus, and keyboard keys have big spaces compared to windows laptops

everything is different from windows, it will days to get adjusted to keyboard shortcuts, menus, and keyboard keys have big spaces compared to windows laptops
Since I have the Mac Mini, I use the same keyboard as Windows.
It's not specifically about those things though, I was already expecting that since keyboard shortcuts won't be same across OSs. There are a lot of other things which bug me which can be easily improved. For instance, the default photo viewer does not have a next/previous button or arrow key interaction. And I had to struggle to change the default photo viewer, I kept selecting "Always use this application", but it just wouldn't. Confirmations and warning messages are difficult to interact with using the keyboard, enter and escape key are practically useless throughout the OS as they either simply don't work or do something other than what one would expect it to do. There's no shortcut for simple things like putting the computer to sleep or opening a Finder window, you always have to use the mouse for these. There's no virtual keyboard on the login screen, so I can't login without connecting the keyboard, even if I don't need the keyboard at all after logging in (watching a movie, for instance). For some reason there's no OS level software volume control for HDMI devices, which is something totally new for me, Windows and Linux have always had volume control for any connected device. The dock icon keeps showing a program as running even after closing it and putting the mac to sleep closes programs which were open. Multiple windows of the same program are difficult to manage as the dock neither indicates this nor provides a way to switch between them, there's no way to know how many windows are open for a particular application.

These are not grouses I have because I'm coming from Windows. Anyone would normally expect an OS to have these interactions in 2022. Windows and Linux have had these for years.

It's not specifically about those things though, I was already expecting that since keyboard shortcuts won't be same across OSs. There are a lot of other things which bug me which can be easily improved. For instance, the default photo viewer does not have a next/previous button or arrow key interaction. And I had to struggle to change the default photo viewer, I kept selecting "Always use this application", but it just wouldn't. Confirmations and warning messages are difficult to interact with using the keyboard, enter and escape key are practically useless throughout the OS as they either simply don't work or do something other than what one would expect it to do. There's no shortcut for simple things like putting the computer to sleep or opening a Finder window, you always have to use the mouse for these. There's no virtual keyboard on the login screen, so I can't login without connecting the keyboard, even if I don't need the keyboard at all after logging in (watching a movie, for instance). For some reason there's no OS level software volume control for HDMI devices, which is something totally new for me, Windows and Linux have always had volume control for any connected device. The dock icon keeps showing a program as running even after closing it and putting the mac to sleep closes programs which were open. Multiple windows of the same program are difficult to manage as the dock neither indicates this nor provides a way to switch between them, there's no way to know how many windows are open for a particular application.

These are not grouses I have because I'm coming from Windows. Anyone would normally expect an OS to have these interactions in 2022. Windows and Linux have had these for years.
Your concerns are legit but trust me macos is quite different than windows if you get to know it Its functionalities are different.I used to love windows but I like macos more now its smooth and does the job.

Your concerns are legit but trust me macos is quite different than windows if you get to know it Its functionalities are different.I used to love windows but I like macos more now its smooth and does the job.
I do like the Mac as a whole. It is smooth, yes. In my 2+ months of using it, it has gotten stuck a total of one time, if I'm not mistaken. That too with only 8 GB RAM. And I do play games on it as well, never gives any issue that way. However, I could say the same for Ubuntu. It's rock stable as well. And I do absolutely love Kubuntu. And if Kubuntu feels more polished and refined than Mac OS, then that's saying something.

On its own Mac OS is pretty decent. But when compared to Windows or Ubuntu/Kubuntu, they could definitely do a lot better with the OS. It just feels a bit last decade.

App installation is one thing that is far better than Linux though. Being able to simply drag and drop into the applications folder is neat.

Most of these grouses (except OSK at login) are lack of familiarity issues.
e.g. your point on limitations around managing programs

- closing a program - using the red X button simply closes the window. The program is quit by cmd+Q (not that you need to do that anyway)

- multiple windows of same program - cmd+tab flips between programs, cmd+~ flips between open windows of the currently active program (or ctrl up shows all open windows as thumbnails, ctrl down shows all active windows of current program as thumbnails) - which to me is a far more powerful mechanism of managing windows

We often forget that our experience with windows goes back a very long time (2.5 decades for me) as compared to a few weeks or months with OS X. I started using OS X in 2007 or 8 and the first six months had left me with a similar feeling.
After 25 years of windows and 15 of OS X though, I have a very strong preference for the latter (I find it a lot more stable and consistent)
I can also imagine it being the other way round too - but that's down to personal preference, not because either of the two OSs has problems or limitations

21st March warranty expired
Spotless.
Absolutely minimally used, nothing more than word processing and 4-5 videos edited in this year.
Taken care like a baby.
Letting go to get back into windows domain again as Macos is excellent workhorse but bit boring without a touch screen(basically khujli and grass is greener.....)
Is it still available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back