FS: Laptop MacBook Pro 2017 15 inch (broken LCD, read description)

ninjenstein

Disciple
Expected Price (Rs)
Shipping from
Satara
Item Condition
3 out of 5
Payment Options
  1. Cash
  2. Bank Transfer
Purchase Date
May 3, 2018
Shipping Charges
Excluded - at actuals
Have you provided two pics?
  1. Yes
Remaining Warranty Period
NA
Invoice Available?
Yes
Reason for Sale
Not using
Selling my MacBook Pro 2017 15 inch

Specs:
2.9GHz i7,16GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, Radeon Pro 560 4GB Graphics, full specs, model no., etc. here

Issues:
  • The LCD inside is broken. Backlight works. Outside glass is fine too.
  • The left speaker makes a slight crackling sound in almost all music you'll play.
  • The "e" and "n" keys register twice sometimes (not suitable if you type a lot).
I bought this used from someone else about a year ago. After the LCD cracked (a whole different story lol), it's been lying unused.

Other than the above issues, the laptop is working fine with an external display. I've attached a lot of pictures to show cosmetic condition as best I could -- I'd rate it a solid 7/10.

I am being fully transparent about the issues as far as I know. The price is somewhat negotiable. That said, it's not like I'm dead set on selling it, maybe I'll use it as a media center or something if it doesn't get sold xD.
Again, apart from the above issues, everything seems fine and it works perfectly fine with an external display. Temperature seems normal. I'll throw in a USB-c to HDMI cable and a 4-port USB-c to USB-A hub as well if you want (see pictures).

Edit: Not sure why the embed code for the Imgur album is not working :/ sorry about that

Edit 2: Okay I figured it out lol. Updated.

Edit 3: Please post a reply here when you PM me, just for transparency's sake :) Also, just ask if you have any questions and I'll answer; there's no testing warranty as I don't want to deal with this once it's sold. Thanks.

Edit 4: Added a few more details to the Issues

Last edited:
Hey, how much would it cost to replace the Lcd? Also I didn't quite understand what the whole issue is, can u explain a bit more lol
Speaker/Keyboard and LCD replacement is for sure needed. Rest components only the OP can share more details.

A note to the OP - Can you post a video showing the MBP running with the external display as stated in your description.

Other than the above issues, the laptop is working fine with an external display. I've attached a lot of pictures to show cosmetic condition as best I could -- I'd rate it a solid 7/10.

Hey, how much would it cost to replace the Lcd? Also I didn't quite understand what the whole issue is, can u explain a bit more lol
40k-ish from third-party repair shops and 58k-ish from Apple officially (at places where I've inquired).
A laptop display assembly (screen) has the LCD panel itself and a backlight inside, besides the glass that you see on the outside. The LCD panel is cracked here, backlight works. The glass outside is also undamaged.
Speaker/Keyboard and LCD replacement is for sure needed. Rest components only the OP can share more details.

A note to the OP - Can you post a video showing the MBP running with the external display as stated in your description.

Please see the pictures.

Back