Macbook Pro - buying advice

Abh1shek

Disciple
So, I'm off to UK for studies in a couple of months, and need to get a laptop. Set my eyes on a Macbook Pro. Mainly because, I've been using Windows since ever, and want a change. Really like the Mac's looks, and interface.

I'm looking for a 15 inch, as I'll be watching movies if I'm bored to the extreme there in my room :p
Not that bothered about games and such, decent space would nice.

Basically, I want to know, where I can the get the best deal around, what discounts are available etc. I'm in Delhi.

Thinking about going for the 13' due to portability and price. Don't think watching movies would make a difference on either anyways.

Get the 13" Macbook (not the Pro) for 58k.

It is the best deal! Powerful and portable.

Only difference is SD card slot and extra 2gb of memory in the Pro for 10k more.

MacBook Pro 13" 2.4Ghz is what you should get. Made of ultra-durable unibody aluminum, super thin and light, perfect for college!

I'd advice you to get it from the UK as its cheaper there. Amazon UK has one for £888.25.

Dad not keen on getting a used laptop. So I'll be getting a new one. What's the best price I could get for the Macbook Pro 13 and 15? My only problem with the 13 is watching movies on it when I go to the UK for studies.

Also, I have a Samsung LCD, is it possible for me to connect my laptop to it, and use it watch movies that are on my laptop? What's the speakers like on the Macbook Pro? And how much student discount is there?

Perhaps you should do a bit of searching around with regard to the pricing in India and the UK, the type of connectors on the MBPs etc. The best prices for the macbooks could probably be found in the eBay UK/India and the Amazon UK over the usual retail stores - could you try that first and post back? Furthermore, it depends if you are planning to pick one up from India or UK.

Lastly, the Macbooks do not sport the usual VGA connector found in most laptops. There's a mini display port. So you are going to need a mini display port to VGA/DVI/HDMI adapter depending on what interface you have on your LCD.

instead of 6 percent we are getting a 12 percent educational discount now.so the mac pro will cost you 64,150 now.grab it.i took one yesterday.its worth more than the money u pay.

^^^^ i really dnt knw bt its gnna end sometime.the seller told me there were a few days where the 6 % student discount was discontinued.i would suggest u to get as soon an possible.avoid missing on this deal.

well it looks mint and it was one of the main reason i took the mac.take a demo at the istore.the most satisfying thing is the battery life.it giving exactly 10 hours with browsing and some videos.dont know about gaming.

Back