Macbook Pro. Where to get it from?

SumitB

Adept
My Dell Studio 1555 has given up on me just after the warranty has expired. I need to get a portable computer for myself. Considering to go in for the Macbook Pro this time. Will get either the 15" or the 17". I checked a few Indian sites and the 15" is listed for 120k and the 17" for 140k. Is this the best price for the Macbook Pro in India? Can I get it cheaper elsewhere?

I will be in Delhi in the 1st week of August and would prefer to get it from a store rather than get it online. Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

^ if you are in delhi than i think you should visit a croma outlet there.pretty sure you would get the 15 incher available.cheers

SumitB said:
My Dell Studio 1555 has given up on me just after the warranty has expired. I need to get a portable computer for myself. Considering to go in for the Macbook Pro this time. Will get either the 15" or the 17". I checked a few Indian sites and the 15" is listed for 120k and the 17" for 140k. Is this the best price for the Macbook Pro in India? Can I get it cheaper elsewhere?

I will be in Delhi in the 1st week of August and would prefer to get it from a store rather than get it online. Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Get to know Apple from your local experts

Apple (India) - Resource Locator

If you are new to OS X, you can get accurate answers (about setup, activities etc) by talking to Apple folks in their premium stores like imagine, iworld etc. So, I would suggest you to walk in to these stores, purchase one, get it setup there and learn the basics.

desiibond said:
Get to know Apple from your local experts

Apple (India) - Resource Locator

If you are new to OS X, you can get accurate answers (about setup, activities etc) by talking to Apple folks in their premium stores like imagine, iworld etc. So, I would suggest you to walk in to these stores, purchase one, get it setup there and learn the basics.

I will do the learning and setup part myself. Only want pointers to get the system for the least amount of money and with Apple India warranty! :yes:

Macbook pro comes with International warranty.. I myself bought one 2 yrs back 15" for 90k (grey market in heerapanna mumbai) whereas in imagine store it was at 105k.. so it doesn't matter where you get from, even it doesn't matter whether it comes with bill or not.. Just make sure you check serial number in apple website for warranty..

Also make sure you buy 2 year extended warranty (costs 18k :O) within a year to save from trouble as apple charges exorbitant for their parts..

The best price for the 15 incher atm NEW SEALED PACK Apple MacBook Pro MC721LLA | eBay

I would also suggest you to stay away from the imagine store,they will charge you the highest and their expertise on o.sX is overrated(I had a corrupt sleep image file leading to sleep-wake issues and those cartoons @imagine store recommended logic board replacement!!A local mac guru solved it in less than 5 minutes)

red dragon said:
...those cartoons @imagine store...
:rofl::rofl:
red which imagine store did you went, lol :rofl:
next time when you go to the store ask them how much is their apple sales score....

These 15 and 17" macbook pro's are all overheating.. the quad cores in them are running a little to hot for my liking.
At the studio i have seen over 15 engineers complaining of overheating issues on these new Sandy Quad core MBP's
A simple google search will reveal all :)
The only one that isnt exhibiting this behavior is the 13" dual core MBP
Cheers and kind regards !

Amax said:
:rofl::rofl:

red which imagine store did you went, lol :rofl:

next time when you go to the store ask them how much is their apple sales score....

I went to the city centre imagine store in kolkata.

toolius said:
These 15 and 17" macbook pro's are all overheating.. the quad cores in them are running a little to hot for my liking.

At the studio i have seen over 15 engineers complaining of overheating issues on these new Sandy Quad core MBP's

A simple google search will reveal all :)

The only one that isnt exhibiting this behavior is the 13" dual core MBP

Cheers and kind regards !

Nice to see honest feedback from an apple macbook pro user, mostly everyone says overheat? what's overheat?? :rofl:

On another forum, I have been recommended to get the 15" 2.2GHz MBP with the matt screen and then get the aftermarket 8GB Gskill RAM Upgrade. I liked this recommendation. Now looking for the best price for this. Help will be appreciated. Open to buy online and offline in a store in Delhi. Help please.

red dragon thats what he meant, that the 13's dont overheat :)

@ op - just get it from a proper dealer, less hasstle plus u will have proof of purchase if ever required. i know its not a big issue but tomorrow if u have problems with the online registration, and apple ask u to show them a proof, u r gonna be stuck, and left with a macbook pro without warranty and trust me u dont want to spend 30k to fix things incase anything goes wrong.

Back