Budget 51-70k macbook pro ?

nuvpreet

Disciple
Hey guys ,
Im looking for a loaptop in the 50 k range for typing( articles and other little stuff) web browsing and movie ( sometimes) while looking around online I found out that macbook pro ( 2012) is selling for that price online is it a good laptop considering its price and the upgrade ability for HDD and ram how does Yosemite run on it . will it last for like 3-4 years with the same usage. also are there any better windows alternatives in or around my 50k budget
F.Y.I I'm comfortable with both Mac and windows os ( should have fairly long battery life)
[DOUBLEPOST=1427481227][/DOUBLEPOST]Also saw this lenevo flex 2 14 laptop at 45k with a i5 and graphics ! Your views on this one

Last edited:
Get the Pro with Retina if you want to get a macbook. for 20k, you get an ssd, retina display, better graphics, better processor, and better trackpad, slimmer design. Most importantly it will resell well, so you might recover much of the extra cost 2-3years down the line.

If you are going by usage, An i3 laptop with upgradable Ram and HDD would suffice. Asus would come to 23k-25k, and after upgrades it would be somewhere around 30k.

Changing the HDD in a mb pro is pain (if it can be changed at all). The newer macbooks do not allow any upgrade.

If you have surplus funds, mb pros are cool (I have owned both imac and mb pro and will pick up another mb pro soon), but not the best value for money. As for longevity, my mb pro lasted five years and the imac lasted nine.

If you like good hardware, I would suggest looking for a used thinkpad (T series).

Last edited:
Back