MAFIA II ~Discussion Thread~

Re: Mafia II

spindoctor said:
everyone cheated on the car race. it was impossible to do it properly.
I didn't. You're all just little noobs.

The worst mission was where you had to drive all the way up a hill to the house of some rich gangster or govt. official and kill him.
If you died after reaching his house, you had to repeat the entire process from scratch.

Ofcourse all this is still anyday better than the RC Helicopter crap that GTA dumps on you. Shit like that isn't even fun to attempt.

satyanjoy said:
don't compare The Godfather-the game with Mafia and GTA.GTA is over the top but still good fun. Mafia is an experience. The Car Race mission was nightmare and I was not aware of the patch and finally cheated that mission.

Actually with "The Godfather 2" that scenario just might change. Godfather - The Game was pretty decent and the concept of extorting money and the war with the other families was pretty solid. It was the first game where I actually felt like a Mafia Gangster. Now with "The Godfather 2" if they can improve the graphics and the storyline, it might just give competition to Mafia and GTA.

saumilsingh said:
I didn't. You're all just little noobs.

The worst mission was where you had to drive all the way up a hill to the house of some rich gangster or govt. official and kill him.
If you died after reaching his house, you had to repeat the entire process from scratch.

Ofcourse all this is still anyday better than the RC Helicopter crap that GTA dumps on you. Shit like that isn't even fun to attempt.
There was a trick to win that race. One had to go through wrong way in order for his car to be restarted from the second lap. Although this was a known trick and was later fixed in the patch, I didn't know about it and I founded it by mistake when I was just cruising around to memorize the track.

For me the Last mission of Killing Sam was easily the toughest mission of the game. After reaching all the way up to Sam, that Ba$tard just wouldn't die and to make matters worse my game was saved when I had only 15 health left. But I finally completed it in 7-8 tries.

BTW anyone tried completing the Extreme mode? The missions in that mode were just crazy and almost impossible to do.

It's been one of my favourite games of all time, hope this one is as good, if not better ... still distinctly remember all the characters and places in the game.

Mafia 2 discussion Thread..

This thread... I am posting here to discuss about Mafia 2.....

94295320080425screen004.jpg

Mafia 1, when it was released broke all the existing records in its category, was a hell of a game with awesome storyline....gameplay, Graphics....:clap: :clap:

Now I am eagerly waiting for the second release....:)

Now they have released two trailers by now in context with the game, which shows that Game is going to very beautifull indeed....

94295320090116screen001.jpg

However, the release date is yet to be announced......AS If it seems these...that these 2KGames peoples are working really hard...

To beautify the game(quite visible in the photo below) ...And make its gameplay even more better...

94295320090122screen005.jpg

Post your knowledge about this game....and you can also share your views about Mafia 1...

Thankyou...:clap: :clap:

Attachments

• mafia2screenshots2.jpg
    mafia2screenshots2.jpg
    460 KB · Views: 116
  • 942953_20080425_screen004.jpg
    942953_20080425_screen004.jpg
    343.5 KB · Views: 110
  • 942953_20090116_screen001.jpg
    942953_20090116_screen001.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 110
  • 942953_20090122_screen005.jpg
    942953_20090122_screen005.jpg
    351.9 KB · Views: 111
Re: Mafia 2 discussion Thread..

ive played mafia 1..... a unique sensation.. Just like "The Matrix" in movies. or maybe better.

me too very eager for mafia 2

Re: Mafia 2 discussion Thread..

guys there has been a video gameplay video leaked online, check it out, its great, i cant wait for this damn game

Mafia was one of the most memorable games i've played. It was my crutch for when I just moved to India from NJ about 5 years ago; i played this game till the wee hours of the morning and loved every second of it...

... well, except the long long drives...

... anyways, the gunfights were often memorable as were the backdrops for the missions. It's one thing which set this game so far apart from the GTA series which to date i still HATE. It had a fantastic storyline and meaningful missions. Loved the one where you had to sneak out a pistol from the Ferry's washroom to pull off the assassination.

I don't mind pulling this out and playing it again sometime in the near future; maybe after i'm done with Wolverine ;)

Back