MAFIA II ~Discussion Thread~

Re: Mafia II

Aman27deep said:
:ashamed: Even i still am stuck in thta car-race :ashamed:

i consider myself GOOD in car racing games..

Played F1 2002 for arnd 2 months, won national tourney of NFS Underground, many local tourneys of FLATOUT 2, but it tuk me arnd 15 Tries to get Through Mafia's Fragile f1 Car race :ashamed:

sato1986 said:
i consider myself GOOD in car racing games..

Played F1 2002 for arnd 2 months, won national tourney of NFS Underground, many local tourneys of FLATOUT 2, but it tuk me arnd 15 Tries to get Through Mafia's Fragile f1 Car race :ashamed:

I passed it on my first try?

I believe with a patch that came out later, they made it much easier.

^^lol i played the game as soon as it ws out.... guess patch released after a long long time (till then, i had stopped playing it)

Confession: i havnt completed mafia 1 :ashamed:. must have completed game more than 80% but i guess end is still a bit far. (Dint research on this) (Maybe coz im unable to stick to any game for continuous periods)

But i promise i wud complete mafia 2 if its the same goodness as 1. Damn, our expectations from Mafia 2 are soooooooooooooo damn HigH!! :p

heheh I just installed it again after so many years to give it a go. it's amazing to see the graphical differences now vs how 'revolutionary' i thought they were a few years ago (wow, the faces are so detailed!! lol).

I remember what a pain in the ass the driving used to be.

Quick question - is there a way to show your checkpoint/destination on the mini circular map on the top left? Or do you have to keep hitting TAB to check where you have to go?

Mafia was one of the most amazing games i've played, top notch story & gfx.

loved the ending, i am sure Mafia 2 will also be as good as the first one.

btwn did any of u notice that there is no HUD in that gameplay video, thats interesting..

the developers have given more importance to minor details like people polishing shoes, selling papers...

kiranb28 said:
heheh I just installed it again after so many years to give it a go. it's amazing to see the graphical differences now vs how 'revolutionary' i thought they were a few years ago (wow, the faces are so detailed!! lol).

I remember what a pain in the ass the driving used to be.

Quick question - is there a way to show your checkpoint/destination on the mini circular map on the top left? Or do you have to keep hitting TAB to check where you have to go?
You as you all say driving was always a pain in the ass....But it these few factor that maade the game much much real to life....

Remeber that stage in which you have to go to farm...You have to drive all the way....And when you get down its all vaccant ....and that spooky feeling keeps killing you...

And then, you to get rid of those bootoleggers using gold old Thompson 1928.... Seriously those things I could never forget,.......Saw the gameplay trailer today...... Thanks for th link ...Seriously cant wait anymore...Comeon Rockstar people......

Hi Aman,

The way to win the race is just by going ahead at the start of the race and once u are ahead of all the opponents, try to keep up the speed but if required slow down at the turns this will not effect your position if ur are ahead of all.

The most important is to go ahead in the beginning of the race.

ubergeek said:
i have never played mafia 1 waiting for mafia 2 eagerly :D i hope it doesnt become anothher gta 4

oh then u have missed a great gaming experience buddy, now is the time to PLAY MAFIA

ubergeek said:
i have never played mafia 1 waiting for mafia 2 eagerly :D i hope it doesnt become anothher gta 4

First of all GTA 4 was one hell of a game.... I dont know how much idea YOU HAVE ABOUT GAME.... how much have played actually..

Secondly YOU HAVEN`T PLAYED MAFIA TILL NOW

I doubt what kind of gamer you are.... or just for the sake of posting thread.... you simply wrote the comment ... I wonder.... Bad....

himanshuaieee said:
First of all GTA 4 was one hell of a game.... I dont know how much idea YOU HAVE ABOUT GAME.... how much have played actually..

That's your opinion of GTA4, it does not mean everyone else needs to have the same opinion. GTA4 is decent, but its too slow paced, lackluster graphics even on the PC version and most importantly the fun factor was a lot lacking. Personally I have a legit copies of GTA4 for both PS3 and PC and I found it a bit boring to play. I am still playing it when I have nothing else to play. Frankly speaking, I had a lot more fun with more fast paced games like God Father 2, Saints Row 2, Assassins Creed, Scarface, Just Cause and a lot others though they had a lot of repetitive game play. There are a lot many people who did not really like GTA4 that much. It may be 9/10 material, but definitely not the 10/10 material as many reviews claimed.

himanshuaieee said:
Secondly YOU HAVEN`T PLAYED MAFIA TILL NOW

I doubt what kind of gamer you are.... or just for the sake of posting thread.... you simply wrote the comment ... I wonder.... Bad....

So what if he hasn't played Mafia? Is playing Mafia a qualification to be a gamer? I have played Mafia and though its good, its definitely not the pinnacle of gaming. It had a great storyline and game play, but I found the controls unwieldy with both the keyboard as well as a game pad and just to add, it was a resource hog. I am looking forward to Mafia 2 and hope that it would fix the control issues that plaque the first.

You sir, need an attitude adjustment. Just because someone says that he did not play Mafia and did not like GTA4 does not mean that he is not a gamer or posting for the heck of it and you definitely do not need to make a rude post.

Back