Car & Bike Mahindra XUV700

If Mahindra can handle booking load and keep dealers in check, this is almost certainly a Creta and Seltos and every other car in the 10-20L range killer. Splendid pricing! I didn't particularly like the leaked (and final) design, but boy oh boy, for the price and power on offer, I think most buyers can look through it XD

Mahindras are definitely value for money. But they need to improve suspension and handling. I drove the 500 and the ride was terrible.

First gen Mahindra products will always have niggles and issues which they will take care off, but can be irritating, depending on person-to-person.
Slowly, as the product gets refined, prices will rise as well.

Mahindras are definitely value for money. But they need to improve suspension and handling. I drove the 500 and the ride was terrible.
Apparently they've improved the suspension, waiting for reviews.
Also is it reasonable to get the 5 seater petrol? Will FE be anywhere near 7-8 in the city and 10-11 in the highways?

Also is it reasonable to get the 5 seater petrol? Will FE be anywhere near 7-8 in the city and 10-11 in the highways?
The FE for diesel would be slightly above that. for petrol, it would be around 5-6 city and around 9 highway. Also, turbopetrol FE is very sensitive to throttle input.

Mahindra is hitting them out of the park these days. First the Thar refresh, and now this. Who would've thought in 2000 that some of the most exciting cars in 2020-2021 would come from Mahindra and Tata....

This thing looks like a Creta/Seltos killer. Hallelujah.

wait till you drive Fortuner. You will start looking for XUV 5OO
For Petrol -Yes. Thar Petrol give 8 to 9 and this is a 2.0L > 197 BHP > 2 Tonne and above vehicle. Do not expect more than 7 or 8 plus this has a Turbo Petrol Engine.
First gen Mahindra products will always have niggles and issues which they will take care off, but can be irritating, depending on person-to-person.
Slowly, as the product gets refined, prices will rise as well.
This is with all the vehicles, I have friend who bought the 1st Gen Harrier and now when I see this gen of Harrier with the tuned engine, they have made a lot of changes.
If Mahindra can handle booking load and keep dealers in check, this is almost certainly a Creta and Seltos and every other car in the 10-20L range killer. Splendid pricing! I didn't particularly like the leaked (and final) design, but boy oh boy, for the price and power on offer, I think most buyers can look through it XD
Actually this pricing will attract lot of potential buyers especially Creta/Seltos/Innova/Harrier. I have driven Scorpio and XUV mhawk, and Boi, it does puts a smile on your face.

Last edited:
For Petrol -Yes. Thar Petrol give 8 to 9 and this is a 2.0L > 197 BHP > 2 Tonne and above vehicle. Do not expect more than 7 or 8 plus this has a Turbo Petrol Engine.
Can I expect at least 7 in the cities and 10 in the Highway? That should be enough in my use case as most of the time the car will be in the garage.
Also is it true that if not used often diesel cars will cause high maintenance/issues?
The FE for diesel would be slightly above that. for petrol, it would be around 5-6 city and around 9 highway. Also, turbopetrol FE is very sensitive to throttle input.
Guess I'll wait for official figures before booking, these numbers are too low

Last edited:
Can I expect at least 7 in the cities and 10 in the Highway? That should be enough in my use case as most of the time the car will be in the garage.
Also is it true that if not used often diesel cars will cause high maintenance/issues?

Guess I'll wait for official figures before booking, these numbers are too low
Ooh Yes you can.

Ooh Yes you can.
Hope you're not sarcastic lol
This will be our first car, would buy diesel but everyone's saying if not used often it'd give issues, not sure if it's still true with the new engines.

Now just hoping they price automatic sensibly and I manage to grab one without waiting for an year like it is for Thar

It also has blind spot camera view in instrument cluster when changing lanes, as well as 360 camera and integrated dashcam! ALtho not sure if any of these are standard features on some trim or all just options. But hey at least there are factory OEM options, I would any day prefer that over custom fitments :)

It also has blind spot camera view in instrument cluster when changing lanes, as well as 360 camera and integrated dashcam! ALtho not sure if any of these are standard features on some trim or all just options. But hey at least there are factory OEM options, I would any day prefer that over custom fitments :)
Those features are all optional extras, it'll cost extra. Ax5 variant should be enough for most people as it has sunroof and curtain airbags too. We can add Sony sound system and other optional features. Can't wait for tomorrow's reviews!!

why not go green. So much of pollution nowdays and these big SUV are taking the whole road when population of India keeps on growing

why not go green. So much of pollution nowdays and these big SUV are taking the whole road when population of India keeps on growing
That would only make sense once we start producing clean electricity and have the charging network infrastructure up and running. Till then, an electric car only makes sense if one is using for city runabout. I am looking to get an e-rikshaw myself for delivery purposes but drive will be only 30-40kms a day.

So the reviews are out and all seem to be positive. Looks like they've improved a lot on driving dynamics and stability over the 500, safety wise it's supposedly better than the old one and the GNCAP testing will be done
once the production starts and they're promising very good ratings. And apparently according to team bhp "it has better roadside manners than harrier/safari"

Now the only question remaining is FE for the petrol and I couldn't see any niggles or build quality issues from the videos but many are suggesting not to be a first buyer of a new Mahindra.

Back