OC & Modding Making a DIY AV Flexi-rack!

^titana, this pic looks kick ass. :D

Could you tell me at what height from the floor have you mounted the LCD? Because I think sitting on the chair shown on that pic, won't you hurt your neck since the display is not parallel to the eye? Just curious because I have to mount my LCD when it arrives and I have no idea if I should mount it like you have done or slightly lower so I could relax on a bean bag while playing/watching a movie.

^^thanks

lcd height from floor is 1.05 m, the rack is roughly 0.85m..this height is comfortable for me, besides i have replaced the chair and its a bit higher than the one in pic..

you should decide for yourself what is comfortable to you...visit a showroom which have displays at various heights with couches in front..

Desecrator said:
^titana, this pic looks kick ass. :D

Could you tell me at what height from the floor have you mounted the LCD? Because I think sitting on the chair shown on that pic, won't you hurt your neck since the display is not parallel to the eye? Just curious because I have to mount my LCD when it arrives and I have no idea if I should mount it like you have done or slightly lower so I could relax on a bean bag while playing/watching a movie.
ur buying an LCD now :O

^More like September-end considering I have invested in some stuff recently. :ashamed:

Need to get the X360 soon. Been waiting for Read Dead Redemption like mad! :mad: Have few other excl. titles line up as well. GeoW2, Alan Wake, Halo 3 etc. And the X can be modded as well - you know to play the titles off the console the *cough* way! :p

PS: I'll be sticking to Surat for sometime now. Love the place, people, food and most importantly my boss. Besides, Bombay is close by. Can drop in for a weekend. :D

@Desecrator: Please keep this thread updated about the details of the rack. I'm also planning to make one :), however i can't spend more than a week on it:ashamed:. (Have started quite a lot of projects in the past, haven't completed most of them yet. If it happens again mummy won't spare me.) but i'm very eager for this one :) . So i'll start off once you complete and post all the details :eek:hyeah:. Moreover, if you can make a clean DIY guide for this one it will be awesome!:ashamed:

Yeah will post a simple worklog and a DIY guide. Most of the tools and materials required have been explained in the first post itself. Just need to post pics of the same. Will do that when I start woking on it. Mostly by the month end. :)

Plans shelved off until further notice. :|

Got myself this DIY rack from Big Bazaar last weekend. Thanks to my friend Vaibhav and apextwin, who had me informed of some big ass sale at Big Bazaar going on until the Independence day - paid a visit and picked this up.

98733955.png

23835141.png

Yeah yeah, I know the plastic table steals the show - have had enough comments on it already. I should be changing that soon. :ashamed:

The UPS will be replaced by the AVR shortly and the rack will occupy the center of the wall. :D

PS: Please don't mind the dust atop my LiLi enclosure. :p

EDIT: Price for the rack - 1k.

Desecrator said:
Plans shelved off until further notice. :|

WHAT WHAT WHAT ?!?

After that first post with all the designs + L&T logo and various other assorted minutiae we get this.

:chair:

blr_p said:
WHAT WHAT WHAT ?!?

After that first post with all the designs + L&T logo and various other assorted minutiae we get this.

:chair:
:ashamed:

But hey me and ANP!!! are planning to make a pair of DIY speaker stands for the bookshelves soon. :eek:hyeah:

Ohh...so all the fuss was about BigBazzar wala table.:|

Looking at that Lian-Li, your previous setup(w/o any cabby) was better:bleh:. Donate Lian-Li to me. You don't need an cabby afterall.

PS- Thanks for posting pics of Big Bazzar wala table. Saw it at BigBazzar for 999/-Rs, will be buying it today. :p

Back