Maria Sharapova doesn't know Sachin Tendulkar - do you care?

[Off-topic]
Yuvi Touching Sachin Tendulkar Feet. MCC vs ROW
10336696_1501631430074520_2068305161698945701_n.png

I don`t know in which context she has made those remarks, but they share a "Sports" family tag and should know each other, at least by names.

And yes during the 3 lines you have written all names you mentioned were "first time heard" ones.

Don`t put comments against cricket or fans or even Sachin, just because you don`t follow cricket. The thread wasn`t about that !

I don`t follow football at all but never said anything against it because I respect others choices and interests too.
Dude you sound exactly like the guys they are talking about. You do realise that at this moment Sachin tendulkar does not even know that you or the other fanbois even exist! Arguing and getting all worked up won't solve the problem .....
One of my friends put forth the same stuff that you have just said today evening. I asked her, "who is the captain of our hockey team?" Bam! she had no reply to that.
That pretty much sums it all up in this matter.

Reporter after the Wimbledon final : Sir do you know Ashok Dinda?
Djokovic: Yessss.. the great Indian fast bowler.. the wonder boy.. The first indian to reach the moon.. A little jump for Dinda, a big leap for India.. Haven't slept since that fatal Sharapova incident.. Have been reading the whole goddamn Indian cricket history day in and day out.. "

This incident has brought to light, the many faces of India's online crowd - boorish, obnoxious, with a sense of self importance that is utterly embarrassing.

The manner in which we react to any Sachin-baiting is to a large extent a factor of our utter lack of sporting heroes.
In a country that doesn't like playing any sport – and which has a deep disdain and fear especially of contact sports (our idea of fun, unlike in the West or even large parts of Asia, is eating samosas and namkeen in front of the TV on weekends) – all our stars, superstars and sporting gods, like Sachin, are therefore from the world of cricket. Because that’s all we have.

We have lost our hockey prowess, we languish at the bottom of the FIFA heap as far as football is concerned (at number 147 in the world!), and aren’t good at much else, whether it is tennis, volleyball, basketball, wrestling or shooting.
No wonder a nation of 1.2 billion erupts in collective ecstasy when an entire Olympic squad returns with one gold medal.

We can’t keep protesting at the slightest hint of criticism. Such petulance is the mark not of a great nation but of a country that thinks, long after the white man unshackled us and left our shores, that it is still the underdog.

Back