Market Section - Product Pricing n Discussions [NO Price checks]

There needs to be a limit on how many open threads a member can have in the market section. 11 is plain ridiculous.i am not aware

There needs to be a limit on how many open threads a member can have in the market section. 11 is plain ridiculous.
The only genuine problem that I see is what if a person is not able to sell the product.His/hers thread backlog will increase and restrict him/her.Does the user have ability to delete close the thread.

The supply chain broke after Covid and they are still trying to patch things up and in this chaos, mining isn't helping things. While you cannot expect prices to be MRP, the reality of the situation is it is not going to get solved very quickly and you should expect prices to be spiked, just like tissue rolls & sanitizers during covid. But this also leaves room for sellers trying to capitalize on this & some extremely greedy sellers. Selling it above the MRP is a reality that will prevail and everyone trying to capitalize on this cannot be stopped honestly until at least the supply chain regains traction.

Is the 1060 demand really that much these days?
I sold my gigabyte 1060 6gb for 8k last year now I'm seeing people asking 15k for it..
What happened? Another mining craze?

60-70% of TE marketplace has started looking like kabaadi bazaar. There used to be a similar market behind Red Fort in Delhi many years ago.

Issue is number of threads or state of products being sold?
Isnt it a good thing to have lot of options for buying from legit sellers

Issue is number of threads or state of products being sold?
Isnt it a good thing to have lot of options for buying from legit sellers
Both.

Please see this link scroll till bottom.

This is just an example. I have nothing against any individual. Seller(s) may be very nice person but it needs to be decided if this forum can be used to discard junk bought from kabaadi bazaar or not.

These are purely my thoughts, feel free to delete / move my posts if found inadequate. Thanks.

So it took him 4 days to realize he already got 2x2tbs and now he needs money.
& he lost the invoice in just 4 days for a whooping 27k product!

Also the product travelled from Bangalore to Kolkata in the meantime :D

couldn't resist his post , had to post some facts onto his thread ,admins should definitely take some actions, there is syndicate of this guys who are jst ****in up the buy sell scene ,genuine buyer sellers are being punished this days

These used to go for like 5k, 9k is way too much.
IMG-20210319-WA0022-01.jpeg

Welcome to the new normal

What is hilarious is that the scalpers/ miners selling their cards but being totally dishonest while entering the reason for sale. Every topic has the usual 'upgrade' put in that section. A month or two old GPUs are being sold because apparently the seller has upgraded to certain model (imaginary of course) but right after selling he goes on buying a used GPU from this very forum and an inferior card at that. I mean how could one miss the pattern. What's very unfortunate is even the old timers are doing this!

View attachment 102571
Welcome to the new normal
I get it's in more demand because of the mining capability, I don't think it's the same for a 970.
What is hilarious is that the scalpers/ miners selling their cards but being totally dishonest while entering the reason for sale. Every topic has the usual 'upgrade' put in that section. A month or two old GPUs are being sold because apparently the seller has upgraded to certain model (imaginary of course) but right after selling he goes on buying a used GPU from this very forum and an inferior card at that. I mean how could one miss the pattern. What's very unfortunate is even the old timers are doing this!
Retailers are selling at high prices because distributors themselves are setting up high prices saying supply/demand, mining etc, so the new cards prices are so inflated. But why do people selling their own cards are setting up inflated prices, i get they're entitled to price their own however they like but some prices are just ridiculous especially if you look in those FB groups.

Retailers are selling at high prices because distributors themselves are setting up high prices saying supply/demand, mining etc, so the new cards prices are so inflated. But why do people selling their own cards are setting up inflated prices, i get they're entitled to price their own however they like but some prices are just ridiculous especially if you look in those FB groups.

Apart from the supply and demand angle, most Ads on FB or OLX will have unusually high prices because Indians love to bargain. When I used to put a sane price on OLX and people used to lowball, I understood that quite quickly. When I didn't used to budge on my price, some guys clearly told me that my price is fine, but they won't buy at that price because then they won't feel like they scored a bargain. [emoji19]

Apart from the supply and demand angle, most Ads on FB or OLX will have unusually high prices because Indians love to bargain. When I used to put a sane price on OLX and people used to lowball, I understood that quite quickly. When I didn't used to budge on my price, some guys clearly told me that my price is fine, but they won't buy at that price because then they won't feel like they scored a bargain. [emoji19]
Agreed. Personally, this is one aspect of the used market in India that I hate. It's prevalent everywhere, not just electronics.

Exactly, I was selling a 144hz monitor with 2 years warranty in a FB group for 9k and a guy messaged me and asking for 2k less. That's when I learned When it comes to used market you never quote your price in the listing just add a little extra and bargain.

Last edited:

Why was this thread deleted or locked . Rashi is trying to find out what is happening.
Screenshot_20210321-235140_WhatsApp.jpg

Back