Market Section - Product Pricing n Discussions [NO Price checks]

This whole thread and the many comments we see in FS threads, whether they should be there or not, all stem from good intentions that people have for buyers. They don't want them to be looted or be sold a deficient product because they didn't know to ask the right questions. However, the onus of this responsibility can't be put on the sellers. I see this everywhere. If one sees the reviews for routers on Amazon, most one star reviews are because people didn't check that the router doesn't have Gigabit ports and are later cribbing that they don't get full internet speeds. Now, is it the responsibility of the manufacturer to make them understand that network speeds and internet speeds are different. Yes, maybe they should, but it isn't illegal or even their moral responsibility.

The best thing that people who want to safeguard buyers' interests on this forum can do, or should do, is instead of dropping these golden nuggets of wisdom in random posts in thread like these, compile them and make a sort of a guide which lists all the important questions that a buyer should ask when buying second hand products. You can make category specific guides. This will actually help out the naive buyers that we all want to protect.

i am aware that our classified buy/sell thread is open to all and every individual has freedom to put whatever amount that he likes the product is worth it but what about the bills and the user

two users in particular slayer88

Who historically is selling for his friends .With one Common vendor Computech ,if you closely look at the bill the bill pattern changes (it could be 100 % authentic/legally allowed that you could change your bill pattern. ) But what i see is the computer generated bill too have different patterns

there is a user who i selling 360hz Asus monitor and look at the bill attached it also says Computech and look at the bill ,could somone verify this ?

1649508179630.png

Asus monitor bill

1649508210745.png

1649508294478.png

i am aware that our classified buy/sell thread is open to all and every individual has freedom to put whatever amount that he likes the product is worth it but what about the bills and the user

Who historically is selling for his friends .With one Common vendor Computech ,if you closely look at the bill the bill pattern changes (it could be 100 % authentic/legally allowed that you could change your bill pattern. ) But what i see is the computer generated bill too have different patterns

there is a user who i selling 360hz Asus monitor and look at the bill attached it also says Computech and look at the bill ,could somone verify this ?

View attachment 131326

Asus monitor bill

View attachment 131327

View attachment 131328
Nice catch!
I had been in such situation long years ago while buying a phone on olx... That guy furbished some GENUINE bill for some Mumbai mobile shop and said its under warranty.
I called the shop and was shocked to hear that he has been receiving such calls since few months and the bills/invoices are all fake. He already had an FIR registered with the cops and I gave him all the details of the ad poster.

I have came across some shop on lamington road shops where they have different invoices for quantities... for small goods there's a different receipt, for huge/costly goods different receipts and so on!

In the above case as well one can call the shop and verify. If there's some foul play the shop can get alerted while the members can be questioned and actions can be taken accordingly.
Remember, furbishing fake bills etc. is a big crime as it involves shop/business goodwill etc.

Nice catch!
I had been in such situation long years ago while buying a phone on olx... That guy furbished some GENUINE bill for some Mumbai mobile shop and said its under warranty.
I called the shop and was shocked to hear that he has been receiving such calls since few months and the bills/invoices are all fake. He already had an FIR registered with the cops and I gave him all the details of the ad poster.

I have came across some shop on lamington road shops where they have different invoices for quantities... for small goods there's a different receipt, for huge/costly goods different receipts and so on!

In the above case as well one can call the shop and verify. If there's some foul play the shop can get alerted while the members can be questioned and actions can be taken accordingly.
Remember, furbishing fake bills etc. is a big crime as it involves shop/business goodwill etc.
i have doubts that the shopkeeper is himself involved in reselling providing genuine fake bills and once we call them he/she can simply deny it and say that our bills dont look like this check the records

I dunno about formats, but that first bill seemed completely wrong to me when I saw it on the sale thread. Doesn't look right if it's a scan or a photo of a bill, the way the text is it looks like it's been added on to a photo of a blank bill.

i have doubts that the shopkeeper is himself involved in reselling providing genuine fake bills and once we call them he/she can simply deny it and say that our bills dont look like this check the records
No shops will do that and if anyone is doing so, gather all evidences and approach cops.

Someone in Thane just go to the said computer store and confirm it personally. Else it can get bad.
But the quality of the scanned invoice is highly questionable.
Calling the number given on the invoice may not help for youknowwhat reasons.
the general trend at the local computer shop is the second one they all use the same software ,but that too seemed to be edited
+1 to this. Stores generally use the same software.

To circumvent the problem of a questionable photo (edited, photoshopped, or forged in any other way), this form must only allow sellers to post photos with metadata intact. I always disliked the idea of scanned copies. They work for institutions which can do a thorough background check but certainly not applicable to the systems of this forum.

It could be either different billing counters or different branches. https://www.shwetacomputer.com/ for example has at least five different shutters on three different floors in the same building, all with the same GST number.

Maybe @Slayer88 could clarify if this is the case for Computech.
Hey Computech has just 1 branch afaik

I too have noticed it that when my friend requests any bills from Computech when the hardcopy has been misplaced he gives a slightly different looking bill from products where the paper bill exist. My assumption is one is an export from the billing system and the hardcopy is a print on their letter head of sort. Unlike invoices from other vendors that typically come on A4, Computech have custom size, pretty small looking printed bills. But people are more than welcome to go to Computech and validate.

To the accusation made that all my bills are from Computech, please see the above thread of the 3600 where I have clarified that this is not the case. The billing address/customer name will be the same in all cases if one were to verify. A FM who bought a monitor from this friend of mine can corroborate the address as he has been there personally.

Computech might be questionable here..but hope people don't think MD comps and Amazon are involved in a scam too.

A business can alter invoice formats as long as tax and other company details remain the same. If there is mismatch in details then it will be a problem when they file taxes.
If a user is altering a bill (editing, modifying) or creating a fake a bill then its a criminal offence if a business decides to go after them. I hope no user goes down that road.

A business can alter invoice formats as long as tax and other company details remain the same. If there is mismatch in details then it will be a problem when they file taxes.
If a user is altering a bill (editing, modifying) or creating a fake a bill then its a criminal offence if a business decides to go after them. I hope no user goes down that road.
i completely agree to this ,but than the monitor bill looked quite shady.

i completely agree to this ,but than the monitor bill looked quite shady.

I mean a buyer can always ask seller to show actual bill / another screenshot etc. Upto the buyer but there are ways to communicate to clear doubts.
As a thumb rule, if something looks off, better not go down that road simple. To each his own.

Things like this is concerning.
And its not about the time difference. Why would you ask two interested members to make the payment for the same item on sale? And no clarification from the seller too!
I think a rule should be added in which the member who has made the payment for an item comment on the thread that the member has paid for the particular item on sale for others to know the current status of the item on sale. Much hassle can be avoided this way.

May I offer my thoughts? Sorry, for not taking the PM route. All should see.

The prices quoted are very steep, even for each individual card. The GPU market has started crashing, in terms of profiteering.

I've just bought an R9 290 Vapor-X in pristine condition for 11k (equivalent to an RX 570-580-ish performance, even with the discontinued drivers). Oh, I bought it on OLX, of all places.
Also, A 570, with the current crash is now worth 11-14k tops. Be a good guy GPU seller. Those absurd days are coming to an end :}

To all my TE friends - we all want to profit. The semiconductor shortage +pandemic + scalpers provided a platform for exploitation. Those days are are coming to an end. Please price your products accordingly, and not like a scalper on a ventilator.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back