Market section - scams with compromised accounts

Has the buyer spoken to the alleged seller, if yes then let the TE account owner who was "supposedly" hacked talk to the buyer with a conference with one of the mods, if the buyer recognizes the voice. We have solved the problem.

I mean I may sound like an ass---- but one could quite easily say "Oh I was hacked".

It would be more beneficial if we could stop talking about what should be done to the market and instead concentrate more on the security and privacy issues on hand.

Has the buyer spoken to the alleged seller, if yes then let the TE account owner who was "supposedly" hacked talk to the buyer with a conference with one of the mods, if the buyer recognizes the voice. We have solved the problem.

I mean I may sound like an ass---- but one could quite easily say "Oh I was hacked".
My account got breached I have spoken to the victim and the mod admin this is how techenclave.com work

It would be more beneficial if we could stop talking about what should be done to the market and instead concentrate more on the security and privacy issues on hand.
The model on IVG forums can be followed here, but will add an additional responsibility on the mods i.e every sale post would need to be approved by the mods.

To share the responsibility current admins and mods could maybe open up a few new mod positions.

What authenticator app are you guys using for 2FA? Personally using the Google Authenticator but other recommendations would be great for users looking at other options.

Any update on the case from the cyber-police perspective?
Also did any of the banks reply on blocking and recovering the money?

From the original posts looks like they are not from India(maybe Africa) and the money might still be in the account in the process of being transferred overseas.
If the banks act fast they might be able to recover it before it is transferred out.

Last edited:
As the title says, I am trying to enable TFA on my TE profile. I went through the security options on the profile but I am still unable to find that option. Would be helpful if someone can point me in the right direction?

Okay, I seem to have found another scammer but on IndiaMart app. He also seems to have a GST number. When I sent him a query on IndiaMart, he sent me a Whatsapp msg from a US number!! How can I report this guy??

Screenshot_20210419-230802_IndiaMART~2.png

Screenshot_20210419-231028_WhatsApp.png

Screenshot_20210419-231056_WhatsApp.png

Screenshot_20210419-231110_WhatsApp.png

I had interaction with another scammer with same modus operandi when I was searching for a used Macbook on OLX last year. He was selling almost brand new Macbook Pro at ₹50k and on asking told me that he used to buy it **very cheap** from US and ship to India.

@Mods: I couldn't find another appropriate thread for this stuff.

ANOTHER SCAM!!!

Screenshot_20210421-233800_Amazon~2.png

₹61,000 then ₹51,000 and now ₹50,000

This is the only 3060ti PC whose price has dropped by almost 15% in a day. Haha.

Seller is not ANT-PC but a very new seller known as INDI2020 with no reviews whatsoever. And this listing seems to have been copied directly from - https://shivamcomputer.company.site/ANT-PC-ARGENTINE-IN400-p287094170

and, https://freedealsandoffers.com/prod...trial-version-geforce-rtx-3060-ti-8-gb-black/

Last edited:
In this case, won't Amazon.in mediate in case someone buys the product on their platform and gets scammed?
They probably would, but it'd take a lot of effort and time. Once you contact them they say they'll raise an investigation for 3 days, after which they'll forget about it entirely and start the process again. So you will get your money back but all that work for nothing.
Also what happened to @chetansha ? Was his account compromised too?

They probably would, but it'd take a lot of effort and time. Once you contact them they say they'll raise an investigation for 3 days, after which they'll forget about it entirely and start the process again. So you will get your money back but all that work for nothing.
I have personally never faced any issue with refunds from Amazon, but then again I almost never purchase from sellers with bad rep or no history.

Also what happened to @chetansha ? Was his account compromised too?
I am also curious to know.

Back