Married enthusiasts/gamers, need advice

In my experience a girlfriend when converted to a wife becomes a completely different entity.

I read that as

In my experience a girlfriend when converted to a wife becomes a completely different aunty.

<

Women cannot understand: 1. Gaming. 2. Forum boards. 3. Blogs. 4. Review sites. 5. Forum meets. 6. Technology. 7. Shooting straight. 8. Reversing a car. 9. Reading a map. 10. Men. But I still love 'em. A lady is a lady end of the day.
<

Reminded me of the initial monologue from this whose line bit
<
(00-1:24)

[media]http://youtu.be/uRqG4kO9lck[/media]

I manage to play at least 4-5 hours total on week days. and 2-6 hours on weekends. But I am not as occupied as I used to be now. My wife goes to work, and I can work from home, so in morning 9-10 I play game
<
and than start work.

She is understanding though and does not really complaint unless I really cross the limit. Which I do most of the time when I am nearing completion of the game. TBH its not all that bad.

First year or two; may be you'll face some resistance, but post that it will be ok. Though yeah those long multi player sessions does get stopped totally.

^Agreed. Kids not only make it hard to game but also require constant care. Heard stories about people sleeping with one eye open at night as they worry so much about their babies. Man, I am dreading that day
<

Realisation of a married enthusiast/gamer :

(i) Bid adeu to competitive multiplayer gaming.

(ii)You are lucky if you can manage more than an hour of gaming a week

(iii)You are always in a financial crunch, so the most viable upgrade from a dead GTX 280 will be a HD6850.

(iv)You are suddenly conscious about electricity bills and make do with a Core2Duo.

(v) You play Alice-Madness Returns as its the only title the missus takes some interest in. FPS and Racing sims are a blasphemy and could induce household violence in real-time.

(vi) An INR 1.5k game title is an absurd buy whilst an INR 3k flower vase is a steal deal.

(vii) Rise in petrol prices hampers your plan for that SB upgrade.

(viii)The internet is a shopping mall for the lady.

(ix) The big @$$ LCD TV that you bought to enjoy your games and movies (heck you paid a premium for that Full-HD model just for the same) is used to display agonizing soaps and reality shows in shitty SD.

(x) Your Sidewinder X6 and G9X are covered in dust and grime.

(xi) After a year or so, you find yourself struggling with any game, your skills have taken a hit, your fingers ache after an hour long session and you wonder how you managed to do that all day just a few years back.

(xii) Your OS has not been reinstalled in 2 years and there are more than 20 installed games (some more than a year old) with level of completion ranging between 2% and 10%.

(xiii) The fans in your cabby cranks and whines to life every time you switch on the PC, reminding you that your "dabba" is now a relic of the past.

(xiv) You are unaware of current market prices of HW. You live through new releases of both Games and Hardwares through TE reviews and discussions. You have no content to add to them whatsoever.

(xv) At work, as you troll through TE, you realise that the world has moved on(without you).

That's just wisdom. I dislike posting in General talk but i did cause of you!

And i did cause i used to play with you!

I would like to add some of my advice here,

Its been around 1.5 years since my Marriage, have 3 month old daughter, to be frank I have converted my wife into a gamer, may not be hard core fps fan or something

but she like action adventure games both playing and watching. Only time I have to sneak out is when playing FPS and fantasy RPG's which she hates to the core.

So it all depends on you and your wife, let me tell you I have been gaming more after marriage (especially added time watching my wife play)

i understand your feeling just play the games when no body is there or when your gf is sleeping just turn on your xbox (or anything you have) put on the headphone and get lost playing GTA or CODMW
<

Back