Mass Effect 2 on PS3

xXx

Skilled
It has been rumored for months, but now we can finally confirm that Mass Effect 2 will be coming to the Sony Playstation 3 after all. EA made the announcement at GamesCom 2010, the only bad news is that PS3 gamers will have to wait a while until it is released.

Considering that this is a pretty big deal, it is no surprise that EA unleashed their announcement trailer to go along with the bombshell. It confirms that Mass Effect 2 will be released on the PS3, sometime in January 2011.

Source: Mass Effect 2 on PS3

Video Launch Trailer: http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid47033724001?bctid=558164496001

Hopefully they will port ME 1 too...wanted to play it...but cudn't :p

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I haven't played ME1 either. :ashamed:

Wasn't this game supposed to have some sort of RPG elements? I did install it and ran an instance or two and gave up. :\

Desecrator said:

Wasn't this game supposed to have some sort of RPG elements? I did install it and ran an instance or two and gave up. :\

I did the same thing when I first got the game. I couldn't even find my way across on the bloody map. But then when I finally wrapped my head around it on the second go, I never went back. ME1 does have some RPG elements, but it's a sci-fi action game to the core. ME2, fortunately, ditches most of the RPG elements and turns out to be a full blown TPS (almost). If you crave for an awesome storyline, then both these games aren't supposed to be missed.

Ethan_Hunt said:
Haven't you played it on the PC yet? Both ME1 and ME2 are epic titles, the latter even more so.
I mentioned in MAFIA 2 thread...its not playable via 360 controller on PC....

xXx said:
^Ofcourse....where else would I play it ???

ME1 released when you still were in India, right? I thought you might have got the opportunity to play it on the PC back then. If you could somehow manage to play the first one, then ME2 on the PS3 would be a great investment. However, the choices you make and the ability to carry over Shepard's upgrades from the first game would be a tiny disadvantage.

Ethan_Hunt said:
ME1 released when you still were in India, right? I thought you might have got the opportunity to play it on the PC back then. If you could somehow manage to play the first one, then ME2 on the PS3 would be a great investment. However, the choices you make and the ability to carry over Shepard's upgrades from the first game would be a tiny disadvantage.
I have ME1 & ME2 (PC) with me here, but couldnt play thru, as it didn't supported the controller.

I will definitely pick up ME2....;)

Desecrator said:

You should definitely play it. This game alone made my XBOX 360 Purchase worthwhile (It was a 360 Exclusive at the time). Coincidentally I had started another play through last weekend. ME1 was also one of those games that demonstrated the true graphics capabilities of the UT3 Engine.

Lord Nemesis said:
You should definitely play it. This game alone made my XBOX 360 Purchase worthwhile (It was a 360 Exclusive at the time). Coincidentally I had started another play through last weekend. ME1 was also one of those games that demonstrated the true graphics capabilities of the UT3 Engine.

:yes:

But I think I'll be done with Mafia II first.

This is the backlog ATM: Blur, Infamous, ME1, Lost Planet 2, NGS 2. :ashamed:

xXx said:
I have ME1 & ME2 (PC) with me here, but couldnt play thru, as it didn't supported the controller.
I will definitely pick up ME2....;)
Whats the big deal with the controller? Can't you get a wireless kb+m for your laptop?

It's good that ME2 is coming on PS3. But it's useless if you have not played ME1. It will be difficult to understand what's happening in ME2 if one has not played ME1.

BTW ME 1 and ME 2 are one of the best games I have ever played.

The conversation system is pure fun. On my second playthrough of ME1. I made my Shepard character female and become a complete douchebag by giving renegade answers which made me laugh many times.

the ME2 ending was sad for me. Was not able to play for second time

Back