Maverick Audio : Tube Magic D1 DAC and A1 Hybrid Tube Amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
As official International distributor of Maverick Audio Products in India. We would like to present you with some irresistible value for money offers on the Maverick Tube Magic D1 DAC and the recently launched Tube Magic A1 amplifier.
International Distributors

capturelu.jpg

1) The Maverick Audio Tube Magic D1 DAC (Digital to Analog converter)​

Maverick Audio TubeMagic DAC lets you “upgrade†the audio listening experience for any type of setup. Whether you currently have a computer, game console, CD player or Squeezebox, simply plug the TubeMagic D1 in to enjoy superior high end sound quality.

d11d.jpg

Upsampling your digital music -From 16bit to 24bit, from 44.1 kHz to 96 kHz

Carefully designed analog processing circuit

“TubeMagic†vacuum tube preamp outputs stage

A damn good Headphone Amplifier! -With up to 600 ohm impedance and 1000mW power output, this DAC has enough power to drive any headphone on the planet.

Line-in cord lets you plug in your iPod

High-end linear power supply

Uncompromised build quality

frontdetail.jpg

Front panel details-

Two digital sources (optical and coaxial) means that network music devices, media players, games consoles, CD/DVD players etc. can be connected concurrently using S/PDIF (Coaxial) or Toslink (Optical) inputs.

Two analog sources (one line-in on the front panel and one analog in on the back) means that iPods, portable music players, vintage audio equipment, or any audio device without digital outputs can be connected concurrently using the 1/4″ or RCA input.

Additionally, you can connect the TubeMagic DAC directly to your PC using a USB connection (no drivers needed) and dramatically improve the quality of your digital music.

connections.jpg

More detailed info :
Price :

Maverick Audio D1 DAC - Rs.12,100 shipped.

NOS GE 5670W tube upgrade : Rs.930

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2)The Maverick Audio Tube Magic A1 Hybrid Tube Amplifier​

a1top.jpg

Imagine if you could have a power amplifier, a tube headphone amplifier and a tube pre-amplifier all fit within the same small form factor case and built with high-quality “old school†components. Now you can have all of that. This is the Maverick Audio A1 Hybrid Amplifier, a multifunction amplifier that can go anywhere, in any setup and drive your analog listening devices (speakers, headphones) with power and quality.

a1front.jpg

When classic analog meets today’s digital world
We are increasingly reliant on the digital format to store our music. However, no matter what setup, it is a pure analog signal that drives the listening devices — your speakers and headphones. Vacuum tubes, R-core transformer, metal-film resistors — A1 utilizes all “old school†analog components to add warmth and smoothness into the analog signal, to remove the dry and sterile “digital flavor†from the music.

Small size, big power.
Real, not peak, 20-watt output through a Class A/B amplifying circuit backed by a 80-watt linear R-core transformer. A1 is not a cheap Class-D amplifier, and it has enough power to drive small to medium size bookshelf speakers.
“Hybrid†Class A/B power amplifying
A1’s power amplifying uses vacuum tubes plus a solid state circuit. The audio signal will go through a pair of vacuum tubes first and then the solid state. You will have the benefits from both worlds — vacuum tube’s warmth and solid state’s speed.

Pure tube driven headphone amplifier

tungsol.jpg

We know how much you love the sound from a pure tube headphone amplifier. A1 uses two matched NOS 6J1 tube / vintage NOS 6AK5 (optional) tube to drive the headphone output. It has tons of power to drive any kind of headphones on the planet.

Tube preamp outputs stage
A1 also can be used as a standalone tube pre-amplifier to be added into your audio setup.

Perfect companion with Maverick TubeMagic D1 DAC
TubeMagic A1 and D1A1 has the same form factor and style as our popular D1 DAC. They have perfect synergy and when used together, they are a set of perfect matched desktop audio system to deliver an astonishing result.

Uncompromised build quality
A1 is 100% handmade with audio grade components topped off with a brushed aluminum front panel as well as solid knobs and connectors. We are serious about audio and our equipment shows that.
Price :
Maverick Audio A1 Tube amplifier - Rs.12,750 shipped.

Factory matched NOS Raytheon 6AK5 tube upgrade : Rs.1850

A few reviews / Impressions from Maverick D1 owners around the world :

Maverick Audio TubeMagic D1 Reviews - Head-Fi.org Community

my first dac review: maverick audio d1 - Head-Fi.org Community

Maverick Audio Tube Magic D1 *Review* - Audioholics Home Theater Forums

Maverick Tube Magic D1 review | Electricpig

[Review] Maverick Audio Tube Magic D1 - Club Polk

A few reviews/Impressions from Maverick A1 owners around the world :

Maverick Audio TubeMagic A1 (Hybrid Amp) - Discussion and Review Thread - Head-Fi.org Community

Maverick Audio TubeMagic A1 (Hybrid Amp) - Condensed FAQ and Info Thread - Head-Fi.org Community

REVIEW: Maverick Audio TubeMagic A1 integrated amp/pre-amp/headphone amp - Head-Fi.org Community

For someone planning on a serious audio nirvana rig , we have a combo offer price of only RS.24250 on the Maverick D1 DAC + A1 Tube amp.

a1d1.jpg

Also ask for special discounts on Maverick Audio products + high-end headphone deals . Combo offers available with Sennheiser HD650 , AKG 702 ,Denon AH-D2000,Beyer Dynamics DT-880 .All Maverick products and high-end headphones are in ready stock and will be shipped on the same day of confirmed payments

All products come with VAT paid bill and 1 year warranty. (2 yrs for Sennheiser).

Start building your dream audio rig today ! :eek:hyeah:

I have been planning for an audio setup for a long time. Thought I would go for Wharfdale bookshelfs and a Norge Amp, source being my PC/iPod/Philips DVD player. Now how would this setup with the wharfdales compare with the wharfdales+the Norge Amp? Audio gurus please help...

The A1 should be a bit better than the Norge in subjective and objective performance, though the power output will be lower. It's academic, because even the LM4766 used in the A1 is sufficient to drive real-world speakers to sufficiently loud levels in most medium-sized rooms.

With the already warm sound of the 4766, the tube preamp and and the laid-back sound of the Wharfedales, the overall presentation may begin to border on fuzzy and coloured. Not having heard Norge (but having heard enough complaints about performance and build quality) I am hesitant to draw any more comparison between the two.

PristineNote said:
^ You can always mail me and we can talk about it . Sent email id via PM.
Great ,

Now We Will Sell This Like Popcorn In Chd ,Just WAit And Watch ,Sending You a PM ,Might Be i will pick all those grado's also

Hmm.. good that you two are working togather . :)

but dont forget us consumers :p

there must be some competition for great prices :D

Actually , I am also pleased to see , Pristine + Lynx combo :)

Both of you guys have in depth knowledge of stereo audio and not to mention great sources to make them available for us ( the users ) at very attractive prices :)

Best wishes for both of you .

@ Amarbir & Pristine - I would like it , if u go a lil far from Maverick in DAC / AMP combo's .

Around the world , we have some great mind blowing units available !

Interested in D1. Do the offer still stands good?
How NOS GE 5670W tube upgrade affects the sound?
How difficult is the upgrade? Can I 'try it at home' to experience the differance myself?
Does it voids warranty?

stormer said:
How difficult is the upgrade? Can I 'try it at home' to experience the differance myself?
Does it voids warranty?
@Gautam: He has a NAD 315BEE driving a pair of Paradigm Monitor Titans.
The overall planned setup is
Asus EEEBox (USB )-> D1 (Tube Pre-out) -> NAD -> Speakers

@stormer: The NOS (New Old Stock) are tubes manufactured long tim ago but never sold. These typically represent OEM equipment that is not manufactured anymore. The GE JAN (Joint Army Navy) tubes are considered among the best out there and the same are used by Ryan in the D1.

They come preinstalled so no hassle. If you feel adventureous and want to go tube rolling you can do so. Replacing the tubes is pretty straightforward affair. (How many audiophiles does it take to screw a vaccum tube? :p)

Tube rolling does not void warranty, thats the beauty of tubes. Even op-amp swapping does not void warranty and is a good way to tune the D1 to your tastes. However activities like toying with capacitors does void the warranty.

@Gautam: Correct me if I am wrong.

rube rolling and opamp rolling (rolling ??? ) do not void warranty. it is very easy procedure ( both ).

But tube only comes in to play if you use it as a preamp. with headphone a headphone the tube is not used.

and yeah gautam correct me if i am wrong.

strategy said:
rube rolling and opamp rolling (rolling ??? ) do not void warranty. it is very easy procedure ( both ).
Tube Rolling didn't expect to hear this from you, Headphone mastah! :)
strategy said:
But tube only comes in to play if you use it as a preamp. with headphone a headphone the tube is not used.
As I mentioned earlier, DAC and Pre-amp are the primary reasons he is going D1. No headphones involved here (at least not as of today).

Sarang has pretty much answered the query perfectly. The tubes in the D1 are indeed used only for the pre-amp stage which will be particularly be helpful in your case stormer.

I need to check the stock status of the Maverick D1 with my store staff .Hopefully we still have 1-2 pcs left in stock . We will get back to you soon.

stormer said:
Does it voids warranty?
Tubes offer a change of sound signature and quality. Some tubes are known to have audiophile grade. GE NOS is an upgrade to the stock tubes. No tube replacement will not void the warranty. You could change it at home. It is as simple as upgrading your CPU in your motherboad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back