MBA after B.tech..Any scope?

Indeed. Its called brand value.

IITians (freshers) picked up by even IT Services companies get almost double of what any other college graduate gets.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Good question.

Here is one answer I've heard over and over again.

"IIT + IIM gives the best job beta"
And marriage beta too
<

But getting back to topic, I also still stick by my stance that GMAT/CAT aren't the best yet. I agree with Sei's points that these tests do test your time mgmt, logical skills, etc.. But they do not test your attitude, which is also very important. There are some people with 750+ GMAT, 98%+ CAT scores I wouldnt even want to be around, let alone work with.

Freshers-in-their-new-field(i.e., switchers) are alright. Because they at least know how an organization works. A fresher(i.e., a fresh under-grad) will not know this. Its not essential, but its good to have this experience. Of course, there are exceptions such as those who are part of family businesses, or have done part-time work, or those who can hit the ground running at a new job.

Remember that unless one has prior relevant experience, one will again be tested at the first job post-MBA. Its always an upward climb, and an MBA is not a solution to your career issues. (This rant is because i've seen people joining tier-3 colleges, assuming that an MBA is the golden goose)

My two cents, two best examples I can think of:

I have a friend who completed his BTech from Biotech, worked as Business Analyst for an IT company and then went to do MBA. Three different carrer paths ending with MBA.

With job offer not running into his "expected" 15+ lakhs. he really is confused what to do in his life.

Another of my friends did BTech in Electronics and Communications, worked as tester in an IT company, went on to do MBA from IIFM and now works in a commdity trading environement in South Africa. His commodity trading knowledge is nowhere near to one of other friends who is into trading.

Makes you wonder how did we get into this recession (major part of it has been attributed to CDS trading commodity traders. Traders who had no idea what they were doing. Their focus was more on making commissions),

nowadays unless you make it to a top ten institute, MBA for 3+ workex folks is also tending to be a declining proposition unless you want to move into any particular field strongly (and dont want to just move out of IT after having had enough)

I've found that though its harder for folks with <3 years to get in, they get the max advantage out of it
<

Back