MCI / Acer / Dell

crn12

Disciple
Hi All,

I am in a confused state after reading the review of MSI CR series, from Sunny27. I did check the MSI laptop yday & its really solid, feels better than the DELL in some areas. The shop keeper also strongly recommended MSI compared to Dell, the irony here is he sells DELL too...

I have got a budget of not a penny more than 30K, which by itself is increased. My usage is for more of net, downloads, MS office, presentations, Word Docs, Movies etc...

I got a quote of INR 25,750/- for MSI CR 400, the spec is:

C2D 2GHZ

256MB NVIDIA

2 GB*

250GB* SATA II

14" LED backlit

150 MBPS

1.3 MP

2.1KG WITH BATT

2 YEAR INTL warranty...

Pl tell me if this is a good buy, & how does this compare to X-410, using AMD NEO 1.6GHZ, 128MB, 1GB*, 320GB SATA II, 14 inch HD display, win 7, price for 26500/-

or any other laptop for the same price? pl suggest thanks, i am looking at closing this ASAP.

Mods - Pls change the subject of the thread to MSI from MCI

MSI is much better than Compaq.

Go for the MSI CR 400. Best VFM lappy in the 25k range :) It is more than twice as fast as the X-410. The Neo is a single core processor.:no:

ok, is it a good price which is quoted by the dealer (Chroma) for the MSI CR 400, that is ex-taxes. Anything else I can get from them

how is it 2ghz in ur city--i guess its a t-6400? a guy in the forums has a msi with a p8400! the t-6600 is selling for 25k in ahmedabad with a 320gb harddrive.

not that it would make any difference when it comes to real world performance---get it from ebay.

I am not sure on that, let me check with them...Does it make a huge difference?

B/W - I just spoke to a MSI dealer in a difft area, he said its impossible for me to get that spec for that price, he was saying with the OS it would cost about 32-34K

I am even more confused now, on who is blatantly lying...

Spoke to the rep he said it is C2D t6400

here in ahmedabad e-mall is selling msi cr400x with a t-6600,320gb hdd,nvidia 8200m,14,1 screen, for 25500rs and 28500rs with a tata photon broadband modem but this laptop comes with 1yr warranty.

msi india's official dealer in ahmedabad will sell u the same laptop for 27k with 2 years warranty.

if u can splurge upto 32k u can get msi's core i3 laptops with better graphics.

one thing that i've noted is that msi's displays are way way way better thaxn most of the competition -- stuff really looks good and vibrant -- they should probably make lcds and they would do really well.

Pl let me know if the prices in Ahmd include taxes, and how do you identify that the sales rep / shopkeeper is not taking you for a ride and giving you a genuine piece & not a LEMON

dude check my laptop review i have a 2.1ghz t-6500!

frankly speaking u wont notice any difference between a 6400/6500/6600 when it comes to real world performance.

but try getting a p-series cpu if u can --i know they are available with the msi cr-400x.a guy from cehnnai--anfjavid has it.it cost him 29k.

the prices in ahmedabad include taxes.but if u decide to have it shipped to ur city ur nuts--imagine the insurance and shipping charges! u might buy a core i3 msi//dell laptop with a ati 4330/or 5 series ati chip @ 32k.

for the people who are interested in how well the msi cr400x handles gaming---here goes::

@ 1024x768 with all settings at high i got more than 30fps in the following games--

call of duty 1

call of duty united offensive

battlefield 2

motogp 2007

need for speed most wanted

need for speed pro street

farcry 1

doom 3

counterstrike source

half life 2

unreal tournament 2004

games which worked with medium low settings::

grid

call of duty modern warfare - but there was a slight lag at times.

all these games have been tested by me and msi cr400x owners can run these games safely.

guyz can any1 tell me the price of msi cr400 in mumbai

thought i will search myself also

and how is the after sales service of msi in mumbai ?

sunny27 said:
here in ahmedabad e-mall is selling msi cr400x with a t-6600,320gb hdd,nvidia 8200m,14,1 screen, for 25500rs and 28500rs with a tata photon broadband modem but this laptop comes with 1yr warranty.

That seems a good VFM lappy. Here in Surat, I am not able to find MSI lappies. Damn. E-mall is also not here and just e-zone :( Otherwise that seems a good config for the price.

The only things scares me is the display quality. ACER Laptops for instance, I've seen so many having Display Problems. Hence, I have completely lost faith in ACER. Similarly MSI we known for it's Semiconductor Devies such as Graphics Card and Motherboards. But in terms of reliability factor, will it be as reliable like Compaq or Toshiba??

One thing more never believe the words of dealer. I am also working in Service Profile with People in Consumer Durables Industry. What I got to know after interacting with lot of Dealers and Distributors is that, these sales people omly push for the Products in which they have maximum margin irrespective of Product Quality and After Sales Support. So better read forum sites such as Techenclave and customer reviews in Sites like newegg.com, they are always unbiased and helpful.

Have not yet decided on the model, hopefully this ends by this weekend, can any exp guys from blore here, accompany me to buy the MSI laptop during this weekend?

I am too new to this WORLD of laptops!

I would guarantee a beer :) & Appreciate it wholeheartedly

PS: I got a quote on Toshibha(L510-P401A) for 25.5k but no where near the spec offered by MSI..

sunny27 said:
dude check my laptop review i have a 2.1ghz t-6500!
frankly speaking u wont notice any difference between a 6400/6500/6600 when it comes to real world performance.
but try getting a p-series cpu if u can --i know they are available with the msi cr-400x.a guy from cehnnai--anfjavid has it.it cost him 29k.
the prices in ahmedabad include taxes.but if u decide to have it shipped to ur city ur nuts--imagine the insurance and shipping charges! u might buy a core i3 msi//dell laptop with a ati 4330/or 5 series ati chip @ 32k.

for the people who are interested in how well the msi cr400x handles gaming---here goes::
@ 1024x768 with all settings at high i got more than 30fps in the following games--
call of duty 1
call of duty united offensive
battlefield 2
motogp 2007
need for speed most wanted
need for speed pro street
farcry 1
doom 3
counterstrike source
half life 2
unreal tournament 2004

games which worked with medium low settings::
grid
call of duty modern warfare - but there was a slight lag at times.

all these games have been tested by me and msi cr400x owners can run these games safely.

can you play counter strike 1.6 at 100 fps at 800X600 ? also does it have a refresh rate of 100mhz at that resolutions?

The CR400 with T8300 2.4ghz is the way to go. It features virtualization and 3MB cache which is not available with the T6xxx series proccies. But i doubt whether there will be considerable amount of speed difference.

Update:

MSI models were not in stock when I wanted to buy, I had to close this last Fri at any cost, so without much of time, I finalised & bought Acer 5542, for 27K inc taxes & an upgrade to 3GB Ram.

The Spec is : AMD Athlon II X2 Processor, 3GB Ram, ATI Radeon HD 4200 Graphics, 15.6 HD LED, 320 GB HDD...

Appreciate if you guys let me know if its worth the price I paid, & pl remember I was under strict budget & restricted to that..

Back