Video Media Players - ACRyan, WDTV, Xtreamer and the like

@m-jeri - suggest the playon hd to you... the 12.5k one. it comes with a one year indian warranty

yup my bad, its from china... wonder if i have this misconception from the package or manuals... thanx for clarifying that... as for the build quality, i have held the wdtv avatars and asus oplay too... this one is a few notches higher...

Thanks for this initiate Dheeraj :) Please list your guides and how to get more out of Playon HD player tips and tricks, which is easy even for novice users.

It would be nice if you can list how to guides, community developed projects ( some project are difficult to understand, on what exactly we can do with them and how to install them on playon HD, for example frater's optware. If you can make it more understandable for us) and whatever else we can possibly do with Playon HD player ;) )

i own the x-treamer for the last 6 months and am fully satisfied. plays all formats including full HD 1080p content like a breeze. i have played full HD files of upto 28GB without any problems. optional is a wi-fi N antenna for video streaming. the dealer located in delhi is responsive and well informed about the product. two thumbs up !!

the WD player i felt is a big letdown and i would advise everyone not to go for it. it takes ages to process any file and doesn't believe in any firmware upgrades

I am a happy owner of WD TV LIVE. absolutely no problems with it, does not take ages at all for loading file as rohitjain claims.

It has played all the files i have put on it, mkv, m4v, avi/ I have not been able to test the wireless thing cos i dont have a USB adapter. checked on wired lan. its fantastic, dont worry about it and go for it

Back