Media Players - Xtreamer - to or Not to

Hi All,

Here I am once again trying to seek help from TE members for a media player for me. This time around my budget is around 15k with a strech limit not exceeding 20k. I need your advice as to which would be best for me... Here are my requirements

*1080/24p Compliant - With major AV formats support
*ESATA/WIFI enabled - Not very specific about torrent capabilities (if available would be a big plus)
*Pass through for Major Audio Formats - DTS, DD, DTS HD etc...Not down-mix please
*I am not very specific about chip set...As long as it does the job of playing the files to the best.

Roughly very similar xtreamer pro but not quite interested in that (reading through thye experience of owners was a good learning). Need your advice in the best possible one.

That's almost a perfect media player specially after firmware 2.4.2.

I have many Blu-Ray rips with dolby true hd and dtd hd ma it passes through perfectly.

I am very happy with my purchase. :)

ajaydelhi said:
That's almost a perfect media player specially after firmware 2.4.2.

I have many Blu-Ray rips with dolby true hd and dtd hd ma it passes through perfectly.

I am very happy with my purchase. :)

Thanks for your suggestion Ajay...Xtreamer will be my final choice if I do not manage to get better suggestions. Since I am a super noob in all these stuff just wanted to Check if we have a better one than that...Any thoughts on Dune pricing in India?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

harishgayatri said:
Mate, How about an HTPC?

You can use it for other purposes too like Browsing & Downloading.
HTPC...Good choice. The question is will it fit in my budget. I am in no position to spend more than 20k for this.

Krishna

Mate..

Dont get the XTreamer. Seriously.I didnt like the UI, had few file playback issues.

Sheer feature wise AC Ryan beats it. with better looks and UI also. U have a good budget so get that. Since u said 20k, perhaps a popcorn is the best for u. after all it IS the best one out there. Abt pass through in AC Ryan, latest ones do support that. my friend owns one and he confirmed. saying coz few people posted nae in hifivision

Although a HTPC + XBMC will also be awesome.

yeah play on! is the best choice and i myself got play on mini and am luving it...no hassels at all....and the firmware updates are also updated regularly.

and with ur budget i guess u can easily go for PCH...dunno abt availability ans warranty in india.

and afa playon is concerned...warranty is for 2yrs.

here is the link for playon

Where-to-buy

m-jeri said:
Mate..

Dont get the XTreamer. Seriously.I didnt like the UI, had few file playback issues.

Sheer feature wise AC Ryan beats it. with better looks and UI also. U have a good budget so get that. Since u said 20k, perhaps a popcorn is the best for u. after all it IS the best one out there. Abt pass through in AC Ryan, latest ones do support that. my friend owns one and he confirmed. saying coz few people posted nae in hifivision

Although a HTPC + XBMC will also be awesome.

There used to be a thread on how to build a HTPC... Can some1 post the link here plzzzz

and whats a XBMC???... XBox??

Watching this thread...

Me too looking for similar to that of Krishna's requirement.. But something which downloads BT Is a must.

Lets see what people have to say..

@praks u still lukin for a media player:S...i guess u had started a media player thread which became a mega huge thread ....from which my doubts were clred and got myself a pohd.

so thought u must have got one as u have been luking for so many months...:)

Praks said:
Watching this thread...

Me too looking for similar to that of Krishna's requirement.. But something which downloads BT Is a must.

Lets see what people have to say..

Dude... get that himedia for 6500. no need of wireless. i never used it.

OR else get a AC ryan.

Thats it. If not design one for urself.

@intacto

Already have WDTV Live, got it long time back.. Not able to mod using RAD so looking for another media player with BT...

@m-jeri

Thanks you bro, Any idea which one will have better BT working - HiMedia Or AC Ryan.. Wireless is not mandatory.

@Desecrator

Thank you for listing all my threads..

Best Mobile to surf Internet ? - Got iPhone

How to power Airtel/BSNL Modem from laptop ? - Still looking for one to have small UPS from car battery.

Best Printer/AIO for Home use - Purchased Epson

HELP - Doubts on iPhone ?? - Still using same thread & clearing my doubts, Whats use of creating diff threads everytime ?

Which one - WDTV (Rs 5475) Or WDTV Live (Rs 6582) ? - Purchased WDTV Live already for 6700 Rs

2.1 Vs 5.1 - Computer Speakers/Home Theater ? - Purchased Phillips 3371 HT,

Do you even bother to read where I posted, I have purchased this thing & give my feedback to people who helped me.

Anyways, Thanks for making fun of someone, Hope you are happy now. Good to see member with 10k+ posts posting this..

Praks said:
Anyways, Thanks for making fun of someone, Hope you are happy now. Good to see member with 10k+ posts posting this..
[OT]More than being just glad TBP! :)

When you create such threads, courtesy demands that you post an update on what you have finally invested in, lest others should keep pitching in with their suggestions.[/OT]

krishna_chennai said:
Thanks for all suggestions..Might pick up this basis Venkat (HFV Mod) advice...

HOME > Products > TVIX HD SLIMS1

Need your thoughts on this...Feel free to suggest if you have a better one in mind

Krishna
never used/seen this. But read some reviews.

warranty? price?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

their website is not working.. :S...

now it is... classy look.. me likey

Back