Meet Ouya, the $99 open Android Game Console

well i think that ios doesn't really have much stronger dev support than android anymore,it's maybe due to the fact that android now has 68% market share in the smartphone sector compared to ios's 17%,anyway the glory days of ios have long passed.also in my experience gaming on mobile os's like ios and android is currently very dysfunctional(cranky controls, subpar textures) and it is not going to change very soon so mobile gaming is still best on dedicated handhelds.

well i think that ios doesn't really have much stronger dev support than android anymore,it's maybe due to the fact that android now has 68% market share in the smartphone sector compared to ios's 17%,anyway the glory days of ios have long passed.
I looked at this comment and laughed, and then I looked at the date on which it was posted and I realized how even more absurd it is.

Anyway, Ouya seems to have gotten off to a shaky start. But most of the complaints are regarding software and game library, which can be fixed in due time. It has a lot of competition already in the market, but its Kickstarter lock-in should still assure its marketshare. Like all open-sourced products, it's up to the community now to see how this console fares.

you guys are forgetting that ubuntu will be ported to it and it will replace HTPC along with free controller to control interface[DOUBLEPOST=1374071561][/DOUBLEPOST]not to forget all free to play time pass games

Mixed reviews so far. But that's expected from a startup. They have zero experience but have huge aims. They will falter at one or two places. But so far I'm impressed with what they have achieved in about a year.
They have reportedly also received extra funding.

So far, it's a wait and watch game.

Back