Mhada site not opening

MAGNeT

Skilled
Though i myself am not interested or eligible to be part of this mhada lottery.

But i am even unable to see the content as the site doesnt open at my side.Its online for this year .
Wanted to know whether it opens at other people end or not.

If so than ill try proxy as i dont want to screw my present set up right now.

This is the site.

http://mhada.maharashtra.gov.in/

kippu said:
whats the basis of eligibility?
This time its quite tough because of lot of housing scam and also in open market you get house cheaper in high group category.

Anyways basic requirement is 15 years staying in maharashtra or domicile certificate to prove same.

3 years IT returns though all this rule were applicable earlier too but this year it will be scrutinized

because of all the scams.

And yes person applying his immediate family member like father ,mother etc shouldn't have self house.

boogeyman said:
Isn't the last day tomorrow?

Also, if my dad owns a house, does that mean I can't apply?
Well technically you can.But i asked an agent who works in background as an agent for lig category flats.He said if in ration card a person having a flat names comes with yours they reject in background without your knowledge.

I am thinking to apply on behalf of my sis as all others three including me have a house.

Only reason to go is less response this time as they only went for online and see even i facing problem to search site see how difficult it would had been for less knowledgeable person.

Yes its tomm or day after that.But they have to extend the dates they have got horrible response so far.
I just want to try luck even though technically its knock out.
I know no ministers will go for quota plus housing finance have become tougher now plus she had a good corpus(thanks to my financial planning skill to some extent).

here is the newspaper ad for reference.

http://epaper.dnaindia.com/epaperpdf\27042011\26main edition-pg16-0.pdf

Yea, the response is really very little as compared to last time.

What if I don't mention the ration card number? In fact I'm thinking of not putting anyone's name in the "Name of person staying with Applicant". Would that work?

boogeyman said:
Yea, the response is really very little as compared to last time.

What if I don't mention the ration card number? In fact I'm thinking of not putting anyone's name in the "Name of person staying with Applicant". Would that work?

I ll say avoid such tricks.After all even if you get it without.Youll have to submit document sometime or other.

Instead take a direct chance on face .Rather than being sorry later.

Hmm yea.

I don't understand why can't they incorporate online payment. Only the form filling is online. Payment *HAS* to be through DD. Even cheque payment is not allowed. What's the point in going for online form filling when the actual form is only filled when the final thing is done offline?

boogeyman said:
Hmm yea.

I don't understand why can't they incorporate online payment. Only the form filling is online. Payment *HAS* to be through DD. Even cheque payment is not allowed. What's the point in going for online form filling when the actual form is only filled when the final thing is done offline?

Reason is they have hired axis bank and they are not ready to create a platform for mhada only for this lottery.Every year its different bank why should they waste their time.

Also this time lottery will be hardly taking place in 10-12 days rather than after 2 months which happened last ime and bank earn interest on the money for long term.

^ Ohh ok. Thanks for clarifying that.

But don't you think if its an "online process" everything should be "online". I don't see the point at all. This online form filling just introduces a step and further complicates it.

Also, one question I wanted to ask. If I'm applying for it, do I need to go to the bank personally to hand them the demand draft or can someone else also do it? I will be busy with work tomorrow and I'm planning to ask my mom to do it. I have filled up the form and I'm thinking of asking her to make the DD from Axis bank tomm itself.

boogeyman said:
^ Ohh ok. Thanks for clarifying that.

But don't you think if its an "online process" everything should be "online". I don't see the point at all. This online form filling just introduces a step and further complicates it.

Also, one question I wanted to ask. If I'm applying for it, do I need to go to the bank personally to hand them the demand draft or can someone else also do it? I will be busy with work tomorrow and I'm planning to ask my mom to do it. I have filled up the form and I'm thinking of asking her to make the DD from Axis bank tomm itself.
No i dont think you need to be there for form submission.But make sure all documents xerox are with her so she doesn't make rounds.

I agree with your point of making payment online,but you know how are government works.

boogeyman said:
Hmm yea.

thr reason for doing the filling process online is to address long queues outside the bank, non-availability of forms, black marketing of forms etc.

ggt said:
thr reason for doing the filling process online is to address long queues outside the bank, non-availability of forms, black marketing of forms etc.
Forms are always available and there is no black marketing of same stuff.Last time 10 lakh forms were printed and not even 5 lakh got sold.

But problem is people doesn't understand the simple fact its not first come first serve.All jump on first day to get form and chaos created.

2 years back also my family suggested to go and get the form.But i said its for 15 days ill only go after 7 days.

But i did made visit to the bank for personal reason on all first 3 days and all the time there was chaos.On 8th day again i went to bank for personal work and there were hardly 4 people getting the form and i got it in no time.

This year reason to make it online is last time some 9000 forms were rejected because of technical mistakes.They dont have time to teach people what mistakes they made in form.So this time online so you cannot goto level 2 unless you type a correct number.Thats the only reason.I read in newspaper somewhere.

^Sounds like they got it somewhat right. I didn't have much problems filling up the form. The instructions and all were detailed too. If only there was an e-payment option available, it would've been perfect.

Back