Android Mi Pad not turning on (fresh out of the box)

Lord Nemesis

Overlord
Skilled
I just got a Mi Pad today. It did not turn on out of the box.
Thought that it is discharged and so attached the charger though the wall socket. It now shows blinking red led, but the device is still not turning on.

Should I consider it DOA or should a bit to see if it charges?[DOUBLEPOST=1445965058][/DOUBLEPOST]Its powered up after charging for a bit. I guess it was not booting up with a charger connected like my phone.

Last edited:
Mine also came with 50% charge.
If it's completely discharged it wont power up immediately even with charger connected. Needs some minimum charge level to power up.

Yep, most such electronic gadgets are packaged with 50~60% charge still in them. Not sure why my unit got discharged completely.

oh ok.. i got it on the flipkart sale for 9k (1k for citibank card)..display and gaming capabilities are good and for that price point you can't expect more :) one sad part is MIUI for MiPad :( updated to MIUI7 2 days back but its still android 4.4.4 and there no themes support :(.. I find the back of the MiPad to be slippery so need to get a case but the official Xiaomi ones are not yet available in India.. I was waiting for MiPad2 but there is no definite release date and this FK deal was so sweet :)

^^ Well, getting Lollipop would be nice (as long as its 5.1.1. Earlier builds have memory leaks), but not really a necessity as long as existing Kitkat is stable.

I got the Mi Pad of Amazon for 10k and its replacing my mom's iPad. She is happy with it so far. She particularly likes the size and the battery life. Her iPad needed to be charged every day. Mi Pad is lasting 2 days before requiring recharge. Only gripe is the charging time is just as slow as the iPad (2~3 hours) and this is despite the claim that bundled adapter is a fast charger.

My Asus TF300 tab also comes with a battery of similar capacity and a fast charger and it goes from discharged state to 100% in under an hour. In fact, I have seen it go to 75% in 30~40 min.

In any case, My tablet is also up for replacement and I am planning to get the Surface Pro 4 this time around.

Back