PC Peripherals Mic of bluetooth headphones don't work when connected to PC using cable

Rajat Kokane

Recruit
It's because, in most Bluetooth Headphones, the 3.5 mm port has only 3 connectors. Left and Right headphone and ground.
If you look at the 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable provided with the headphones, you'll find that it also has only 3 parts on the 3.5mm jack.
Mic functions over Bluetooth only.

Other than this,
Are you on a desktop PC or a laptop?
If on desktop PC, which Bluetooth adapter ?
Also, windows 7 or 10/11?

It's because, in most Bluetooth Headphones, the 3.5 mm port has only 3 connectors. Left and Right headphone and ground.
If you look at the 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable provided with the headphones, you'll find that it also has only 3 parts on the 3.5mm jack.

Other than this,
I'm on a Windows 10 desktop. I have a tp link bluetooth adaptor, but it disconnects quite often so I bought the sound adapter I mentioned above.
The thing is, the adapter I bought has three ports, one for sound, one for mic and the third one for both. If I connect to either sound or mic, they work, but if i connect to the one with both, only sound works, the mic doesn't.

I thought that was the norm for most bluetooth headphones/earphones. The mic in my xm4 does not work when its wired. Actually the mic did not even work when the headphone was in stereo mode. It had to be in mono-phone/call mode or something for the mic to work.

The mic on most of these headphones and earphones are not that great anyway. Its better to get a dedicated one that's cheap (1k-2.5k). You can get good ones for that price.

Actually the mic did not even work when the headphone was in stereo mode. It had to be in mono-phone/call mode or something for the mic to work.
Yep, this is due to bandwidth limitations when using Bluetooth.

When you connect wireless headphones via the 3.5mm jack, you are bypassing the onboard DAC/AMP and also the integrated microphones. If you can find a 3.5mm cable with an inline mic, it should work but it's best to just get a separate mic for better quality.

Yep, this is due to bandwidth limitations when using Bluetooth.

When you connect wireless headphones via the 3.5mm jack, you are bypassing the onboard DAC/AMP and also the integrated microphones. If you can find a 3.5mm cable with an inline mic, it should work but it's best to just get a separate mic for better quality.
Went through the same situation. Bought a separate mic (boya m1) that works well for the purpose.

Well for me it seems decent nothing extraordinary but better than my headset mic(cooler master MH 752). There are many positive reviews as well check out podcastage on YouTube( he reviews audio equipments)

Well for me it seems decent nothing extraordinary but better than my headset mic(cooler master MH 752). There are many positive reviews as well check out podcastage on YouTube( he reviews audio equipments)

Very good, this is a proper review.

He did mention clipping with the phone and had to use an app to adjust gain to fix it. Maybe this is why the negative reviews on amazon.

In all the tests he boosted gain 20-30% and I thought it sounded decent. Not much echo either which is definitely an improvement over any headset

Other than this,
Yes i have faced same issue and it should be the case +1

Back