Android microG_YouTube_Vanced_0.2.4-105 installed but icon is not visible anywhere.

Get the vanced manager apk...and run it...

As @bigb123 suggested, you should try installing from scratch. Get the latest vanced manager from a reputed source and then from within the manager, install Micro G and ytv.
I can also give you the vanced manager apk from my phone, let me know.

thanks. as i stated earlier i do have the vanced manager (just not the latest update). however the problem with it (or, with me) is that it keeps asking to turn off MIUI optimizations repeatedly in order to run the vanced services properly. i had once complied with that and the experience with the usage of the phone wasnt exactly pleasing then. was hoping if there could be a workaround to this issue...but probably there isnt, i guess.

thanks. as i stated earlier i do have the vanced manager (just not the latest update). however the problem with it (or, with me) is that it keeps asking to turn off MIUI optimizations repeatedly in order to run the vanced services properly. i had once complied with that and the experience with the usage of the phone wasnt exactly pleasing then. was hoping if there could be a workaround to this issue...but probably there isnt, i guess.
I have Vanced on a MI device, turning off MIUI optimizations is must (and there is not workaround).
Any specific reason you want MIUI optimization ON ?

I have Vanced on a MI device, turning off MIUI optimizations is must (and there is not workaround).
Any specific reason you want MIUI optimization ON ?
i'll have to redo permissions for all the apps i think (have whole lot of apps), plus the UI wasnt smooth the last time i had turned the optimizations off, IIRC.

i'll have to redo permissions for all the apps i think (have whole lot of apps), plus the UI wasnt smooth the last time i had turned the optimizations off, IIRC.
What MI device do you have ?
I am using vanced one of my MI Note 5 pro and cannot find any difference with MIUI optimizations turned off or on

ok so turning off the MIUI optimizations didnt turn out to be an 'optimum' experience (again). messed up all app-permissions, notifications-shade got bombarded by app-notifications, whatsapp dp & contacts-sync disappeared, UI & text-scaling got botched up, UI wasnt as smooth. however there IS a workaround though i discovered - turning off these optimizations, it seems, is only required when you wish to download/update a vanced-family app through the vanced manager. it isnt required when running the apps themselves, is what i found out. this i figured out after turned off the optimizations & signing-in through micro-g, and when i later turned the optimizations on back, and thought to run yt-vanced, it ran just fine. so right now am using the app this way only. my apps are a couple of versions older than the latest ones, but suffices for me. hope am not missing anything major by not using the latest versions of the apps (@nitin_g3?). if i have to update them, i will have to turn off the optimizations again briefly. its an inconvenience ofcourse, ie, returning all app-permissions to their previous states again after turning the optimizations back on, but can live with that.
@Futureized
its an old phone, max prime.
i'll give it another shot & see how it goes..

Back