Micromax A70 First Impressions

sunil1

Disciple
Aug 31, 2011
Guys, any luck with adb ? There's a lot many things that can be done with that.. if we locate working drivers for it

adityadeva

Disciple
Jul 24, 2011
sunil1 said:
Guys, any luck with adb ? There's a lot many things that can be done with that.. if we locate working drivers for it

some guy managed to get windows adb driver for a70. you can get it here.

never tested it. no windows installation. Rom developement and compliling cannot be done in windows. so it is quite useless for me. pls test it and tell

sunil1

Disciple
Aug 31, 2011
@akshaybz

can you tell me how u got it running ?

I plugged in my phone, usb debugging on.. windows asked for drivers... i pointed it to WIN32\WinXP\ .. it installed successfully... Now in device manager it says Micromax A70 ADB interface...

But now when i run cmd and run adb kill-server, adb start-server, adb devices , it displays

List of devices attached :

nothing... how do i fix this ?

akshaybz

Disciple
Aug 27, 2011
These are not mine...

these are ash1424's :D

you should come over at androidforums.com, some people know development there!

rahules

Disciple
Sep 15, 2011
There are a lot of people saying the SAR values is high and that is the only reason they are not buying the phone. Well, here are some facts about SAR.

What is SAR

SAR stands for Specific Absorption Rate, which is the unit of measurement for the amount of Radio Frequency (RF) energy absorbed by the body when for example using a mobile phone, walkie talkie, or working in very close to radio communication transmitting antennas. SAR is expressed in units of watts per kilogram (W/kg).

Does the SAR for a mobile phone vary when in use?

Yes. Although the SAR is determined at the highest certified power level in laboratory conditions, the actual SAR level of the phone while operating can be well below this value. This is because mobile phones use adaptive power control to reduce the transmitted power to the minimum possible whilst maintaining good call quality.

Once a call is established the mobile phone will power down to the minimum level required. Therefore, the closer you are to a base station and the better the reception, the lower the actual SAR level.

Does SAR vary between mobile phones?

Yes. The maximum SAR level for different mobile phone models can vary and this is primarily due to where the antenna in the phone is located. The International EMF Guidelines from ICNIRP are designed to protect people of all ages including children and incorporate large safety factors.

Are low SAR mobile phones safer?

No. Variations in SAR do not mean that there are variations in safety. While there may be differences in SAR levels among phone models, all mobile phones must meet RF exposure guidelines.

SAR levels can also vary considerably when in use depending on how good the reception is. Once a call is established the mobile phone will power down to the minimum level required to reach the network and maintain a quality call.

Please check emfexplained.info//?ID=25585 for more information.

Source : Given above

ash1425

Recruit
Aug 25, 2011
adityadeva said:
seems. that micromax. themselves might have fixed up playfulgod else how could he make a recovery. I mean. CMW

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

I charged my phone to 100 % on Sunday evening 1900 hrs (7pm), 60 hrs / 2 and a half days elapsed, now 18% of charge still left. using as my primary phone now.
Not like that! To port CWM recovery you need to know memory locations of your phone(Memory address table), Send this to KaushikDatta(Creator of CWM) he will port it! Micromax is not at all caring about MOD/CustomROM developer. They should release Kernel source doe also(Remeber Android is open source)

adityadeva

Disciple
Jul 24, 2011
Finally used adb wireless from market and got connected wirelessly to the phone from wifi of linux laptop.

Qtadb running in Kubuntu 11.10

[attachment=10071:16897.attach]

adb running from ubuntu 11.04

[attachment=10070:16896.attach]

there's a catch : both your phone and laptop should be connected to a particular Wifi Access Point (AP)/ modem. In my case it is modem.

I need to learn adb commands to check how good it works out.

as of now su is not working and I can't access /system

Attachments

• Workspaces_002.jpg
    Workspaces_002.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 145
  • screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 113

jaber

Disciple
Jul 7, 2005
Has anyone been able to figure out the OEM of this phone?

@adityadeva: Could u pls connect the phone via usb to a linux system and run 'lsusb' and post the output here.

adityadeva

Disciple
Jul 24, 2011
jaber said:
OEM of this phone?

@adityadeva: Could u pls connect the phone via usb to a linux system and run 'lsusb' and post the output here.

Why bother about OEM of this phone. anyway it is msm 7627 chipset. wlan is Broadcom. tried to compile CM7 kernel for the device from the /proc/config.gz. ran into errors 3 or 4 times. more over I was hospitalised and down with dengue. so stamina is just building up.

now kernel.org is up so you can get the source from kernel.org itself or the whole AOSP source from code.aurora.com (qualcomm dev site)

see the output of lsusb attached below the device with id bus 002 device 005 is Micromax

[attachment=10073:16899.attach]

1d91:0009

you can find the output of usb-devices in the pastebin here

ignore the HUAWEI mobile entry that's my usb 3g modem from HUAWEI.

below that is listed micromax

and forget about making ADB up via USB in linux. not worked in 10.04 64bit (old udev settings), 11.04/11.10 (linux kernel 3.0.x) via [new udev settings]

Attachments

• Terminal_004.jpg
    Terminal_004.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 120

kartik1896

Recruit
Nov 1, 2011
Guyz i m facing touch screen issues in micromax A70.i love this mobile but now my phone touch screen annoying me.when i try to scroll through my app drawer it doesnt scroll sometimes and some application gets selected . Its not responsive sometimes.plz help me out.

adityadeva

Disciple
Jul 24, 2011
SunnyBoi said:
OEM is given on the box. Read where its manufactured.

you are still alive?

and still cursing A70 eh?

howz ya dads blade?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

the command adb root giving the following error

"adbd cannot run as root in production builds"

and solution guys???

SunnyBoi

Branch Manager
Staff member
Patron
Jan 31, 2005
Bangalore
Phone is lying somewhere in the room. Havent seen it since a looooong time.

Got a Blade, N1 and a S2 to play with :p