Micromax A70 launched - Rs.7,599

DarkAngel

Skilled
Micromax launched a budget Android phone - Andro A60 about three months ago. Now, the company is said to be ready for the launch of Andro A60 successor Micromax A70, as spotted on GSMArena. New Micromax A70 will run Android 2.2 Froyo update. Apparently, this would be a 3G friendly offering from the company and is expected to arrive at a price of about Rs. 7,999.

Though Micromax hasn't announced or hinted about the new A70 smartphone, we believe its launch could take place anytime in the coming weeks. Physically, the new A70 looks like a mashup of Google Nexus One and HTC Desire smartphones.

Micromax A70 will have 3.2-inch HVGA touchscreen display [strike]which is resistive by nature and could be a bit tacky to use.[/strike] The A70 will have Android 2.2 running comfortably. There's no word on the internal memory as yet. The A70 will support 3G and will also offer Wi-Fi as well as Bluetooth 2.1 with A2DP connectivity.

At the rear lies a 5 megapixel autofocus camera and in the front rests a VGA camera for video call and chat.

Specifications
- 3.2 inch [strike]Resistive Touchscreen[/strike], 320X 480 pixels resolution (GSMArena and igyaan says Capacitive)
- 3G HSDPA, quad-band GSM
- Android 2.2 Froyo
- 5.0 MP Camera (2592x1944 Pixels) with Auto Focus, 0.3 MP front VGA Camera (640x480 Pixels)
- External memory up to 32GB
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g, Wi-Fi hotspot
- Bluetooth 2.1 with A2DP
- 3.5mm Audio Port
- 1450mAh battery pack

Nice specs there especially if it packs a capacitive as GSMArena states for the speculated price. Has a secondary cam and 5MP Camera too!

Looks good too unlike the horrible A60! Gives the LG O1 P500 a run for its money :)

Micromax A70 Android Phone Surfaces > Mobile Phones > Techtree.com
Micromax A70 - Full phone specifications
Leaked : Micromax A70 is next Andro A60, specs and features, Price - iGyaan.in*|*iGyaan.in
Micromax A70 vs. LG Optimus One P500 - GSMArena.com

Update: Pre-Order already started in flipkart Flipkart.com: Micromax A70: Mobile

Confirmed that it has capacitive display. Also packs a Qualcomm MSM7227-1 CPU (800MHz CPU and Adreno 200 GPU like the Galaxy Ace, Pro etc...)
Its also confirmed that it has capacitive dispaly.

Update 1:Buy Micromax A70 at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews

Listed in letsbuy for Rs.7599. So Rs.6599 after discount :D
This makes it a better buy compared to the Samsung G3 (Hope the build and screen response is good)
Letsbuy says 600MHz. So i guess its the MSM7227 and not the turbo.
This also makes it the cheapest Android with secondary camera.

HQdb6.jpg

Re: Micromax A70 (Rumored)

"No SAR value" disclosure push me back from Buying ANY BRAND no matter how good or cheap or VFM it is :(

Emperor said:
"No SAR value" disclosure push me back from Buying ANY BRAND no matter how good or cheap or VFM it is :(
Might be a ZTE OEM. So we can find out the SAR mostly!

Wow the phone looks reallly good but am sure the build will be very cheap like all the other micromax phones...
For 8k the phone will sell like hot cakes just for the android OS amongst people who dont want to shell out huge sums of money for HTC, nexus, etc

Micromax are known to produce phones having HIGH SAR. So its affordability vs the long term damage. Its almost a 90% copy of HTC desire and legend. Can give those two a run for their money.

luks nice. There were some comments that the image given were not excatly of that of the original device, should have to wait and see. There is no mention of the CPU details but guess it would use the popular 600 MHz SOC. Spice's recent low cost device is from a OEM called cellon or cathy communication so, my guess is that even this device might be from that OEM.

Emperor said:
DarkAngel said:
Might be a ZTE OEM. So we can find out the SAR mostly!
Tejas01 said:
Micromax are known to produce phones having HIGH SAR. So its affordability vs the long term damage. Its almost a 90% copy of HTC desire and legend. Can give those two a run for their money.
pauldmps said:
^^ lol

Wait for the SAR values to be declared first before crying out loud.

Hi everybody,

I'm new to this forum and this is my first post. (I did not find a sub-forum for introducing myself) Now a noob question, what is SAR?

^^ I expect the usual.

MSM7277,

600 or 800Mhz ARMv11 processor

Adreno 200

BTW, quote of the day(i heard from my friend)

"Dude I just bought the Galaxy S, awesome phone, it's got Android 2.2 processor!!! "

comp@ddict said:
BTW, quote of the day(i heard from my friend)

"Dude I just bought the Galaxy S, awesome phone, it's got Android 2.2 processor!!! "
That needs to be posted in the "Encounter with n00bs thread".

The downside will be the RAM of unknown size probably of 140mb like A60 ........ RAM has not been disclosed ............ LG Optimus P350 will be its direct competitor not Optimus P500

Micromax A70 Launched in India - The next best budget phone

Hi everybody,
Here's the link for the micromax A70. I was waiting for a long time for this device to surface. And was hoping not to be priced equally with Sammy's Fit and L.G Optimus One. And just as I wished it's 1,000 INR less than the current budget throne owner (O1) and packs a better 5mp camera with it (i really hope it is better in terms of quality too and since it's micromax, it ll become true)....

Flipkart.com: Micromax A70: Mobile

Specsheet (Source: Flipkart & GSMarena)
CPU - Qualcomm MSM7227 600mhz (may be 800 mhz if its Turbo)
GPU - Adreno 200
RAM - Not Available Yet
Screen - 3.2" HVGA LCD screen
Camera - 5 MP camera, Autofocus
Battery - 1450 mAh
Other Regular Android Features - EDGE, 3G, WLAN (802.11g), BT, FM, MicroSD, Proximity and G Sensor, GPS,

Back