Micromax A70

jijojose79 said:
Confused between lg o1 and htc wf S :-(

if you want the phone for perfomance then go for lg Octopus 1(sic:cool2:)

if you want brand value, som beauty in functionality, me too have htc whining then go for wildfire S ( show off posing guys needs fancy stuff) sense ui is the beauty

If you have some sense left buy a micromax a70 especially if you are a new comer to this OS. First you understand how it works, then you have a good control over hardware. and you save around 3000 to 4000 bucks.

if the phone is not a priority then wait for one week, I'll tell you how good it fares for you.

It is rarely that you can have to cake and eat it too.

LG hardware might be ok but I don't think their service might be ok..

HTC service technitians I don't know (but my logic says they might send your phone to bangalore or Delhi if some serious issue crops up).

Samsung might have a better service in kerala. but you don't have any option in it right?

adityadeva said:
If you have some sense left buy a micromax a70 especially if you are a new comer to this OS. First you understand how it works, then you have a good control over hardware. and you save around 3000 to 4000 bucks.

if the phone is not a priority then wait for one week, I'll tell you how good it fares for you.

It is rarely that you can have to cake and eat it too.

+1.

Me and Supra should get our phones tomorrow, will post our impressions. Then decide.

htc salsa is also there, but I think samsung ace has a better hardware..........

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

I placed my order on 18th, I might get it tomorrow. any way first impressions will be there in a couple of days. also it seems that jijo is very keen to bring his budget below 10 grands. else ace is a beautiful phone. and in all probability motofoca/psyke83 of madteam will port cyanogenmod 7.1 (hereafter will be referred by me as CM7) for ace. then you will be able to have your cake and eat it too.

madteam means --->(MAD Team | Motafoca Android Dev Team --->Motofoca Android Developement and the site is co and not .com ok.)

Thanks for your reply, I am not favor to any brand, I am looking for A70 but I am worried about the resale value if I sell it after a couple of years later.

Why I like android is very simple, I am a Debian GNU Linux user past 10 years :), but didn't get a chance to buy/use android yet.

Anyhow I am waiting for your review.

jijojose79 said:
Thanks for your reply, I am not favor to any brand, I am looking for A70 but I am worried about the resale value if I sell it after a couple of years later.

Why I like android is very simple, I am a Debian GNU Linux user past 10 years :), but didn't get a chance to buy/use android yet.

God had installed "Sense UI" into your brain. Resale, I don't know. may be you put some custom rom into it with some fancy boot animation and User interface and overclock(optional) it. who knows Micromax becomes a big brand by then, they are already No.3 behind Nokia and samsung. So much so that first and second companies were forced to launch dual sim products to survive in rural market.

and with Nokia embracing the coffin in smart phone business on a tie with (microsoft - the big jerks with dirty tricks) and abandoing android, Samsung will hold the mantle and Micromax (shrewd Marwaris test 1000 days for a business venture) will be no.2 in India. and that's the game in Indian market.

well niche market will always be there for HTC.......

but almost all 3G phones or at least smart phones will be running android if I am not mistaken. Windows mango is always there....... don't know what will happen to it. but with current pace of development in android I don't have much faith that MS winphone 7 will have this much appeal until/unless, they opensource their phone ( MS will never do that)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

jijojose79 said:

you are a debian thats greeaaaaaaaaaaaaatttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap:

I cannot be more happy.

Are you a pure debian linux guru or a simple ubuntu guy like me?

I am just a debian commandline user(not by profession:),started using potato on 486,now squeeze on SG dockstar,connecting with putty from e71 :).

Just wanted to experience with droid,am not ready to spend huge amount for this.

received the phone. it is such a lovely piece that you cannot resist to fall in love with it. wifi is a issue, studying it very keenly. if the top portion of the phone is directed away from the wifi antenna then the phone drops the signal else it tries to keep the connection on. I was used to gingerbread in a samsung. but trying hard to get used to froyo. will take some time to get out of the kick of the new device.....sweet sweet experience..... the screen feels very big and typing on touch screen feels very easy after using a 3.14 in screen. still have not removed the screen protector from factory( it looks ugly). the phone is very sleek and really looks like a 15K device.....so far so good rest in next....

jijojose79 said:
Oh congrats,is it able to get connected in the same room where router kept?.Is there any issue with GPRS? Since it wont support flash player,is there any other option to play youtube?
hi jijo, sorry for delay, wifi has good signal strength in same room as access point. gprs works very fine. I get good speed for. docomo in ernakulam kerala. for wifi to work properly the top of mobile should be directed towards access point. inside my house docomo strength is weak.

I'm writing this from this mobile with opera mobile browser 11. that's the best.

phone gets warm 43degrees when gprs is on

addicted to it's functionality.

bye for now. rest in next.

Back